1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Zapped out...

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by poojachinoy, Dec 9, 2012.

1. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

How disgusting !!! :rant Good you replied back. :thumbsup

And tell your husband and your MIL, that you are TTCing not only for your child but also for his child and her grand-child, respectively. Having a baby is not woman's pleasure alone. That harrowing infertility treatment you are going through is for everyone's benefit, not your own.

And she wants second marriage for her son, does she? Tell her that you will make sure that money gone in alimony is 10 times the amount he is paying on your infertility treatments now. :rant

I'm sorry to say, but your MIL is a cheap woman. If she understands only money, speak to her in the same language.

5 people like this.
  2. snm1984

snm1984 Platinum IL'ite

pooja,
    Are your mil and my mil twins by any chance?The same threat of "second marriages" when we are facing TTC issues.I can understand how it feels like, I really felt hurt when she said that.They are "cheapness personified".Good that you gave it back to her she deserves it and more.
    Explain to your Dh that the jewels hold a sentimental value and you plan to save it for your children.Ignore your mil big time and don't apologise.Convey to your Dh that you felt disgusted by such cheap talk by his mom. Focus on your treatments for now.Don't worry your mil will shut her mouth once you land up in a good job.Take care and baby dust to you:)

2 people like this.
  3. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Threatening with second marriage is the cheapest trick in the book....as if to scare the fertility problem!!!! So dumb!! Shame on such women. They deserve one tight slap. Would they threaten the son if he had a problem? They would still taunt the DIL - out of bloody insecurity this time!

5 people like this.
  4. gyaandxb

gyaandxb Silver IL'ite

My advice would be ignore her bull**** completely and concentrate on your treatment. You need all the energy and positivity possible. Just give only to the point replies to your mil's talks. If she's acting normal, then she definitely is plotting something and if you ignore her, then she'll have another reason to complain to her DS about how she's being normal with you, and you're ignoring her. Its sick but that's the show they put up for their DS to portray the DIL as evil and cunning.. ! x-(

2 people like this.