1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yuhuuu !!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Sonu123, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Sonu123

Sonu123 Silver IL'ite

Ladies,

Bang again I have my In laws being not so happy with me ...:bowdown

well this time i wasnt even sure why are they angry with me .... now what have i done ... :rant

I did speak to them on regular terms ... i have kept them updated of all my daily activities .... i have spoke to my co-sis several times ... hmm almost all the things that they used to get angry on me or start behaving abnormally i havent done any !!

So what's it this time :bonk

To my surprise , this time its for none of my fault but my hubby's ... or should i say the website :drowning

My hubby is kind of ticketting agent to my BIL for all his travels for business or his wife's travel to her maika :rotfl
    Yesterday when BIL demanded my hubby to see and book tickets for him, my hubby told him since the timing when the Tatkal tickets can be booked has changed it would be difficult for him to stay awake here in USA to book his tickets .... I dont understand dont they know nyone back in india to do these things :bonk

So my hubby was still compelled to do .... the unfortunate event was the site was down lol ... it did not open up while we were trying ... so hubby called back at 12.15 PM to say sorry ... but instead of even considering this effort ... he is :rant

Hmm and at my in laws place BIL , MIL , FIL , Co-sis everyone thinks i have polluted my hubby;s mind n so foe the first time he hasnt booked tickets for them .... everyone like my MIL, FIL are enquiring regarding this to my hubby that why u didnot book .... why the site didnt open .... never happened before ... blah balh !!! Poor chap !:rotfl

And i am having all the fun ! for the first time in this 1.5 yr i am not sad that they are not talking nicely with me ....:drowning

Do u ladies have any such incident where in for anything bad that has happened ... or any work of theirs which ur hubby declined to do or couldnt do for them on time for his own reasons ....the blame is put on u :coffee

11 people like this.
  2. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

Hi Sonu

Similar incident happened with us...:thumbsup

It was after our marriage, I had joined a job....The occasion was SIL's son's 3rd birthday. Everyone forced us to attend his bday, we were staying in another state, 36 hours train journey from our native state...

I could able to take 5 days leave (only after 3 months of joining), we booked the tickets, but last moment we had to cancel as DH had some urgent work in his office, he had to cancel his leave...:bonk

But everybody at my in laws place thought, its because of me as I was in a new job.:drowning So I could not get leave and thats why my DH cancelled the trip....:rant

They did not believe us that we had booked tkts and cancelled!!! SIL started comparing that " how did u get leave for your marriage?":spin(Our marriage was in dec and this bday was on May)....she did not understand that how difficult to take leave 2 times within 5/6 months....

Everyone was super angry and I was like :coffee

3 people like this.
  3. Sonu123

Sonu123 Silver IL'ite

Hi Priya,

hahaha :) :) Seriously sometimes i wonder how impossible can in laws get ;)

Too much of negative publicity during early days of marraige huh ! :D

4. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Its too much of dependency or demanding.. Booking of Tkts in IRCTC sitting is US.. Anything cant be toooooooooo much than this. And any person with little brain know how IRCT website works.. People just need something to fight upon, it seems... Enjoy.

3 people like this.
  5. Sonu123

Sonu123 Silver IL'ite

Exactly pallavi ! thats what i also try to make my hubby realise.

It sounds pathetic to me that he has to book tickets from US for India travels .. phew !

But to my Lord, PIL and BIL are god ... n so whatever i try to convey goes BOOM !!! God know how much will BIL save with those few thousands which i hubby spends on his and his wife's train fare :p

2 people like this.
  6. Sabitha

Sabitha Gold IL'ite

hi,

this is too much, booking tickets from US through IRCTC for people in India to travel within India.....Oh God,:bonk:bonk.

Really:idontgetit: , how people are disturbing others from India who are staying in other countries for silly things, like booking tickets, etc.

2 people like this.
  7. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

I didnt even understand OP post completely, until I read pallavi and sabitha replies! And then I was :rotfl:rotfl

Sorry OP, couldnt hold it in!

I dont know whether you (and we all) should laugh or cry at your dh plight.:bonk:bonk

1 person likes this.
  8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Great Sonu. Celebrate the peace of not having to listen to your ILs, not having to call, talk to them and give them regular updates ..... Also good thing is for the first time your husband will see how his family behaves. So he gets to see the true picture.

I have been in this position many times when the mil would go off on a sulk if her son did something against her wishes. One day when she had come home, she had a fight with him and refused to come to eat. When I tried to convince her to come and eat (stupid me, deserved what I got, should have allowed her to starve till she came back to her senses), she accused me having told him not to do what she asked him to. It was a different matter that I had been asking him to do it all along and he would not listen to me either. I got really mad and asked if she thought I was responsible for all the "wrongs" he did and she said 'Yes'. So much for the brains she has attributed to her own son - she thinks he has no mind of his own and only does what I or she bids him to do.

5 people like this.
  9. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

Do they realise that your DH was seriously obliging them by booking tickets for Indian trips from outside India??????? :confused2: :shock:

Well, my incident:
    My MIL blames me for all the things which go wrong in the house. Like:
    1. DH has taken to fast food and eats something or the other in office apart from lunch that we send and has gained weight.
    MIL: He was never like this before meeting you. After that he has started eating like a giant.
    Me: :shock:
    2. DH sometimes asks MIL if her mood is bad (because suddenly she stops talking) or if she is worried about something
    MIL: I am not upset. Your wife is creating all this atmosphere of being upset. So that listening the word, I become upset (how on earth!!) and looking at me you become upset and FIL become upset. She wants us all upset..
    3. Gas burner doesnt work properly
    MIL: This has never happened in 25 years. This gas is 25 years old and the burners were working properly but since now you use them, they dont work and I will have to replace them
    Me: :shock: But cant 25 years of usage be the reason??? :confused2:
    4. DH praises me for my knowledge in computers, mobiles and stuff. He comes to me for any trouble that his laptop or mobile gives.
    MIL: (When I was boiling chana in the morning and put a little less water by mistake, this to tell how irrelevant the topic was) Now take your mind off computers and mobiles. These things should be burnt. Dont think that just because you know that, you have won the world. A girl is most suitable in kitchen and not around guy things
    MIL: My son was never so fond of facebook shacebook. He has learnt all this from you. (I never do facebook / any thing on computer at home) He was very good now he is doing chatting the whole day. Useless!!

I dont know why I still get shocked at such things. I should know by now that once a DIL enters home, anything bad / unwanted (for PIL) is all due to DIL... Phew.. Lets stop here.. I dont want he to have hiccups and think it was me..!!

25 people like this.
  10. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Smrithi Dear....

Similar things happend to me give a Hi-Fi....Till now i dont understand why the burners wont work only when MIL tries todo...haha but blame on me huh!!!

Sonu

Celebrate secret event in IL dear....no worries..let DH know their true nature for silly things

1 person likes this.