Youtube Videos Without Showing Face?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by IL86, Oct 15, 2019.

1. IL86

IL86 Silver IL'ite

@Rihana , Thank you so much for the suggestion I didn't think in this perspective at all, I was assuming since I am anonymous it would be safe, now I am feeling bit scared may be I will just edit the part of my daughter, I will see if I can edit it as first thing tomorrow , as of now the video has been viewed mostly by people I know but I will make sure to edit it tomorrow. I will reshoot bedroom part tomorrow and will edit showing storage room,keys information etc

Thanks again, I had viewed so many vlogs people show face and kids face vlog,so I actually had thought what I was doing is safest way but I didn't quite realise this.And also I showed her thinking her face is opposite side of camera so it was safe but I do think it's better not to show her at all. I will certainly edit tomorrow morning first thing. Thank you .

startinganew likes this.
  2. IL86

IL86 Silver IL'ite

Well I have deleted home tour videos as well as introduction video in order to hide all information I have given inadvertently, I won't be able to sleep now after reading about the risks so deleted it . I will edit tomorrow and then only make public.
    For now if anyone want to check I have only one video left in channel which is as below:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    SinghManisha likes this.
  3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Good attempt OP.
    You can show anything outside.
    I think it's better to keep our private space as private. Just my opinion. I dont even share my kids photos on fb.
    You can think about better ideas or travel or food videos for vlog. Good luck.

SinghManisha and IL86 like this.
  4. IL86

IL86 Silver IL'ite

Yes even I don't share pics of my daughter in FB too. Here she was sleeping opposite side of camera with only hairs shown and not face, so I thought it's safe but after reading I really got scared. I will just do a light version of home tour without actually showing details now.

SinghManisha likes this.
  5. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

I just saw the weekend morning video. It is definitely better edited and crisp !
    The chicken curry looks good !

IL86 likes this.
  6. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

@IL86 Quality of this video is much better! Great job on the editing and good decision on taking the home tours out, I too feel weak in my legs when I watch vlogs and instagram posts - where people share so much about their personal lives (home, activities, routines) especially when kids are involved.

- Regarding anonymity: when your friends and family subscribe to your channel - it is very easy for them to comment and reveal your name inadvertently say: “Archu, such a nice video. Keep it up! I didn't realize your_city_name is so beautiful in winter!”. Anonymity is a VERY HARD problem. Scientists, researchers and loads of smart people - working on it for years have not come any where close to keeping people and their most important info safe or anonymous with a 100% guarantee. So please don’t count on anonymity for safety.

- When you are on Youtube, the only valid assumption is people know who you are and you are OK with ANYONE knowing that it is you. And the key is that this assumption is not only for the present but also the future. I would think about - a future employer, your kid as a teenager discovering all your videos, your kid’s friends, your own friends from the past/future discovering all these, etc. I want to assure you my intention is not to discourage you but to share the reasoning I would use before I make any of my videos public.

- I would edit out the the name of the supermarket on top of the receipt (or blur it) because that can easily tell that you live somewhere around that supermarket. Also with pictures of your door/window style people could easily guess your apartment complex too.

SinghManisha and IL86 like this.
  7. IL86

IL86 Silver IL'ite

Hello all,
    I edited parts with key,outside storage and bedroom footage where my daughter was sleeping and uploaded again. I am actually fine with showing her from behind though not face, even though the previous video didn't show her face I removed it anyways as it showed her sleeping . I think I am comfortable sharing whatever I have in video now. I am ok if people I know figure out it's me, it's just I don't want to reveal it myself.

@startinganew , the receipt shows head office of supermarket not the actual one which is in back side which I didn't show. So I think it's fine.

Thank you again for all your suggestions, it is helping me to be careful and think in every perspective before I put the video.

Below is the link of edited video:

SinghManisha and Anusha2917 like this.