1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Youth returns in 60's!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by srinivasan_vanaja, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    I am sixty plus, but todate going strong !

I am surprised when people think of me as nearing the end of the road, when they learn I am sixty plus ! Know not what God has in store for me, but I am against withdrawing myself into a cocoon, voluntarily.

I am very well aware that absentmindedness, forgetfulness etc are likely to set in with the inevitable ageing process . But I have decided to keep my mind engaged and stimulated, with my favourite activities.

If I had decided to abandon my interests and desires, when I turned sixty, I would not be here with all of you today. The interaction with you, youngsters, has injected, inspiration and passion to share all my collections – be it recipes or shlokas-with you in I L. It is not in me to think, I am no more capable of productive activity.

My duty to my children has been successfully completed by me and I have learnt to withdraw from their lives, but not from my own ! I enjoy mental calm and till this minute I am open to fresh ideas. I am free from family obligations and find that there is still a wee bit of creativity in me. Otherwise, I would not be blogging here ! You are welcome to disagree with me about my creativity !

I am now free from the pulls of youth and I have learnt to strike a balance in life. I am at peace with myself and my spiritual awareness is more pronounced. I suddenly find there is so much in the meaning of life. I enjoy every activity, I voluntarily take up, putting my heart and soul into it to complete it successfully. I know, I do not want to delay and cannot afford to postpone whatever I want to accomplish.

Life is a continuous learning process till your last breath and I think, if my approach is right, I can follow my dreams. I have decided not to force myself into a very slow and steady journey to non-existence. I would love to share my wealth of experience with the younger generation, ofcourse, so long as there are takers !

I do not want to boast in vain that my agility is flourishing, but pray God that my mental acumen, shrewdness and discerning ability should not be affected till my last day and I must enjoy whatever I am doing. I want to reassess my life, get set and go ! I may not go places, but want the positive forces in my life to take over to guide me. I want to cherish, not lament over, whatever life offered me.

My one wish is to exit from this world gracefully when I am in my “ peak”. Pray God grants me that wish. I live every moment. I begin my life anew each day and I celebrate that I am alive. I celebrate my completeness, knowing that I am incomplete. I welcome each day to continue my giving. I wish to move forward and continue to look ahead. I believe in me. I know I am not perfect. I still learn from everything and everyone. I admit my mistakes freely and openly and I correct them without shame. I am here as myself.
    I don’t want to give up, I want to give more. I want to make myself lovable. I am open to criticism and I intend to grow.
    This is my journey.
    This is my life.

I create my own path as I walk.
    I bend with the wind and I glide with the current. But I do not resist and I remain myself.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hey Vanaja, nice thread.

Kamalji seems to be back in full form. We have a masti thread...Kamalji you should start a naughty thread:spin

I feel that we should not let go of the youth ...so it does not have to return. SS you have started at the right time to start pursuing what you like.

I feel however busy we are we can always take out a couple of hours if not everyday atleast once a week to pursue what we like....or atleast spend time on ourselves.

Today we are financially independent so now at 43 i have left my full time job and am full time into trying to help the lesser blessed souls, bringing social awareness, counselling, pursuing my other likes and a couple of dislikes too. I have my husband's full support for this as he know where my heart is. I :bowdownto my DH for allowing me to follow my heart.

Roopa.

3. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Kamalji,

Thanks a lot for the reply and appreciation.

Ok, Ok, I understood that your youth is returning.

Be careful Sir, when you go for walking. Those "pretty females" may be of 60 who have beautified themselves to look like 30.

I should thank you specifically for coming into this thread, as this thread concentrates more on ladies of 60. Thanks a lot for sharing your youth secrets.

4. srinivasan_vanaja

Dear Chithra Madam,

I was eagerly waiting for your reply. I thought, may be you did not feel that you have crossed 60 and enjoying your youth. :wink:

And there you have come up with your zest for life.

Thanks a lot for a wonderful narration. No doubt, you look young in all your endeavors.

5. srinivasan_vanaja

hi rooopa,

thanks for the reply. ok, do not let your youth go. catch hold.

regarding your service - please watch out my new "signature". you are indeed blessed.

6. Sumeru

Sumeru New IL'ite

Age to me is a state of the mind, more of a mental than physical stuff. You are only as old as you feel to be. A lot depends upon how we frame our lifestyle right from our early days.

If you exercise your body & keep your brain well occupied, be rest assured that you will always be an ageless wonder ! Its all a matter of our thought process, how we control it & nourish it with plenty of positive attitude, healthy concepts & activities, energy & a zest for life.

Then youth will never leave you, so forget about a revisit !!!
    Now, let the party begin !!! :cheers