1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Your suggestions/help please

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Priyashanmugam, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Priyashanmugam

Priyashanmugam New IL'ite

Hello dears,

Am a new young mom of 25 years. Unfortunately am working too (@Software industry). And my daughter is 10 months old. Can you please suggest me what all I can give her as her daily routine menu.. it will be really helpful for me. Thanks in advance :)
    Awaiting/Expecting all your replies/suggestions.

2. yukthasri

yukthasri Bronze IL'ite

For my son I used to give him oats porridge, dalia, idly, dosa, ragi porridge, pongal for breakfast. Boiled carrots, grated apple/pear as a snack. Khicidi (with vegetables)for lunch/ dinner. You can introduce curd too (freshly made).

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  3. Priyashanmugam

Priyashanmugam New IL'ite

4. preesmiles

preesmiles Silver IL'ite

Especially since you are busy, the best thing to do is avoid making a special meal just for the baby. Just give your baby a modified version of whatever you are eating or cooking for yourself. For example, if your breakfast is idli, your daughter can have that. If there is rice and dal for lunch, take a small portion of dal out for your daughter before adding Chilies or any hot spices (unless of course your daughter doesn't mind a bit of spice in her food). The same thing goes for veggies, just take a bit out before you add a lot of masalas and maybe mash it a bit if your daughter isn't used to eating it whole. My son is 10 months old now and since he started solids at 6 months, he just eats whatever we are eating. He does not have any teeth yet but he has learnt to gum things down and swallow. Today he ate a bit of omelette for breakfast, spinach and eggplant for lunch etc.

2 people like this.
  5. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

oats which brand...??
    can we give sunfeat brand??

6. yukthasri

yukthasri Bronze IL'ite

I gave him quaker oats.

1 person likes this.
  7. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

Ditto for my daughter.. we started solids at about 6 months and i try to keep her food as close to our meal. She has taken various food stuff (although in small quantity) and we give her anything which is in our plate (as she keeps staring as us with curiosity:bonk).