1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Your reaction to DH watching adult content

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by emfo, Jun 19, 2011.

1. emfo

emfo New IL'ite

Hi All,

I have been married for 6 yrs now and soon after marriage I discovered that my DH enjoyed watching adult content. I found several clips and pics on his laptop. He apparently had lots of chat friends too. But things changed after a while and my attempts to reform him paid off. I thought he was a completely changed person now. But, recently I discovered that he was watching those videos secretly. We now have a one year old child too. Our relationship has never been better, but he still watched that stuff now and then apparently. And he admitted that he watched it very regularly while I was away after delivery. I am deeply hurt. I feel he has been cheating on me. According to him it is some harmless entertainment. But, according to me it is a lot more. What are your thoughts and how should I handle this situation?

1 person likes this.

2. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Sorry if I am being insensitive but calling it cheating seemed a bit too much.I think watching adult content is very normal. Its just a fantasy world and your hubby is not a baby,so he should be given some freedom to discuss with you what he saw,what he feels about it.After all you are his life partner with whom he can share all his secrets.He obviously cant tell anyone else that he watched it!If you ask my reaction..I would say "see all that you want to see..just dont try it on me:)"

2 people like this.
  3. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

just cos it is so much available and watching it has become rampant these days , thanks to the internet, and just because a fair percentage of the population does it, it doesnt automatically become 'very' normal.

1 person likes this.
  4. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

aminroop, is that you with robert pattinson???? did you meet him??? omgggg I love twilight!!

5. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

I am with Poornima.
    OP what is normal or healthy or acceptable in a marriage has nothing to do with statistics or what researchers say who are dime a dozen these days . It needs to be defined by the couple in the marriage. I personally find a married man with a kid watching adult content and secretively at that very distasteful. And yes just because u have tons of literature published doesn't mean I have to accept that in my DH.
    Watching adult content and spending hours on internet chat rooms create unhealthy and unrealistic expectations in a marriage. EMA or cheating doesnt have to be with flesh and blood woman...watching adult content against spouses principles is just as bad in my opinion.

6. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

IG there are a lot of people who cheat,steal,abuse,have EMA......list is endless .Doesn't mean OP has to accept it. She does nt have to accept anything she is not comfortable with.
    . The statistics are not worth the paper its printed on
    if it has no relevance to her principles .

7. niyathi123

niyathi123 Bronze IL'ite

If its just watching i dont see any issue here. Dont worry :)

8. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

yup, dint you know?? our new movie is releasing soon. twilight 4. pls do watch it. :biglaugh

pssst...a l'le secret....its photoshopped! its some application i found on the net. LOL!:)

9. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

The men will of course call watching adult content normal and healthy and the studies are done by men for men. Some women who also watch it endorse it.No problem, but if one partner does not like it then ?
    Why should the wife always be the understanding partner all the time ?
    Why cant men understand if the wife could be uncomfortable with his habit.
    Frankly it means that the partner is not enough sort of inadequate.
    It may also makes the wife feel ill at ease with her hubby watching perfect plastic bodies performing acrobatics .
    **** is an addiction, very difficult to give up.

10. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hi JAG,

I agree with you. Research and Statistics are only guidances. The woman have to choose what is right for her...........and more importantly, what is 'comfortable' for her.

A woman need not be made accept something, forcibly, simply because Research / Experts / Statistics say so. It is her own free will & intellect, that has to analyse the facts...........and then, accept the thing, if and only if she is comfortable with it , finally.

But, as she has raised the issue in this thread specifically......and also, as she has said, her hubby continues to watch it in secrecy, I thought it is relevent to tell the 'scientific perspective' of the issue to her, as I know.

Of course, "comfort zone" and 'scientific perspective' are two different things. A woman need not accept something which is very uncomfortable to her,... simply because, it may be right scientifically and statistically. There can be no two opinions on it.
    I agree with you again.

But, she has a right to listen to the 'scientific perspective' at least once, espcially when she has raked up the issue.

And amazingly, there are women, in this forum , in this thread itself, (Rose & Niythi) who are extremely comfortable with their men watching ****. So, it is an individualistic thing, as you rightly felt. You can find women, in both the sides, probably in equal numbers