1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Your Mind Is A Garden

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 4, 2021.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds ,you can grow flowers,or you can grow weeds..

Nobody can make the whole world Happy. Learn to keep our own self Happy and remain Happy under all circumstances in life. The key to being Happy is a non-insisting mind, non-complaining mind, and a pure mind. I always want to be happy in life and if I have problems or worries I share it with my friends . So my heart becomes light and I am happy and forget the worries. It depends on how we see the world. If we see the world with vision of love then everything looks beautiful and meaningful and I feel there is some meaning to live and enjoy life.

Emotions don’t have words,
    Wishes don’t have scripts,
    If you smile, world is with you,
    Otherwise even a drop of tear doesn’t like to stay with you.

I like to experience a new thing everyday. Dont like all the days to be same. Some days are very good and some days not according to our wishes.
    “In a single moment, in one stroke, you can become enlightened. It is not a gradual process, because enlightenment is not something that you have to invent. It is something that you have to discover. It is already there. It is not something that you have to manufacture. If you have to manufacture it, of course, it will take time; but it is already there. Close your eyes and see it there. Be silent and have a taste of it. Your very nature is what I call enlightenment. Enlightenment is not something alien, outside you. It is not somewhere else in time and space. It is you, your very core.

The above quote is so true. When we experience then only we come to know

I am thankful that I don’t already have everything I desire … if I did, what would there be to look forward to?

I am thankful when I don’t know something … for it gives me the opportunity to learn.

I am thankful for the difficult times … during those times I grow.

I am thankful for my limitations … they give me opportunities for improvement.

I am thankful for each new challenge… which will build my strength and character.

I am thankful for my mistakes … they will teachme valuablI e lessons.

It’s easy to be thankful for the ‘good’ things … yet, a life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are thankful for the setbacks.

Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive … find a way to be thankful for your troubles and they can become your blessings.

HariLakhera, Viswamitra and messedup like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Kudos to sister for yet another post of motivation and uplifting sagging morale.

But then why Mind is like garden? How to water the mind and push it in right time to shade and sunshine and how to know what right seed to sow at what time. Does it need raw fertiliser? Does the plants ( thoughts ) multiply by direct or cross pollination? Would mind-flowers attract bees and other insects? Plants in garden produce seasonal flowers. Does mind has season to flower and wilt? Some yield flowers in the morning. Some bloom only in the night. Does mind too act like these flowers in the garden? Garden needs maintenance so too The Mind.

I asked myself these questions and in-depth analysis leads to affirmative answer to all these questions.

The underlying message is that enlightenment is to be discovered which is lying dormant within the person.

Another succinct hint in the post is - As long as one expresses his or her gratitude in right time with right people at the right moment yields rich dividends later if not now.

Neither The forest nor the cave or nor squatting underneath a bodhi tree or and being away from cacophony of the city helps to get enlightenment. Pilgrimage too not necessary. Only determination to discover within seems to render the person truly happy.

Thanks and Regards.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    iyerviji and RatnaMalliswari like this.
  3. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

Hello viji madam
    Well said, biggest reason for happiness is gratitude.
    People say Thank you and Sorry to others,but they never say to self.Many times we never say thanks for the things we have with us,we hurt ourself so much and never say sorry to ourself.I feel, if we are satisfied with what we have in life we can grow more and spread happiness around us.Its just like flower or fruit plants give us,it never stop after giving us,gives more and more.
    Regards
    Ratna

iyerviji likes this.
  4. RatnaMalliswari

I asked myself these questions and in-depth analysis leads to affirmative answer to all these questions.

The underlying message is that enlightenment is to be discovered which is lying dormant within the person.

Another succinct hint in the post is - As long as one expresses his or her gratitude in right time with right people at the right moment yields rich dividends later if not now.

Neither The forest nor the cave or nor squatting underneath a bodhi tree or and being away from cacophony of the city helps to get enlightenment. Pilgrimage too not necessary. Only determination to discover within seems to render the person truly happy.

Thanks and Regards.[/QUOTE]
    Hello Sir
    Nice questions,inner way of understanding mind.The more we understand our mind,the more happy we can live.Nature is god,which provides us all the basic elements (pritvi), water (jala), fire (tejas), wind (vayu) and space (akasha),The 5 Elements of Nature and Their Relationship with The Human Body
    Hello sir
    Nice questions,inner way of understanding mind.The more we understand our mind,the more happy we can live.Nature is god,which provides us elements (pritvi), water (jala), fire (tejas), wind (vayu) and space (akasha),we all know elements and their relationship with the human body.Maintenance of these elements in body can be done by yoga, meditation,for more nourishment satvik food and right amount of water intake.people think can't we live without doing all these,then I can say it's right question, answer is simple direction of our mind and body will not be completely in our control
    Hello sir
    Nice questions,inner way of understanding mind.The more we understand our mind,the more happy we can live.Nature is god,which provides us (pritvi), water (jala), fire (tejas), wind (vayu) and space (akasha),
    and we all aware of its relationship with human body.The maintenance of these elements in the body we need to do yoga,meditation,for more nourishment having satvik food,right amount of water.people think can't we live without doing all these things,I could say it's a right question,but my answer for this is very simple -we can live but body and mind completely will not be in our control and direction of life will be out of control,I can relate this with an example -its when air blows the
    Hello sir
    Nice questions,inner way of understanding mind.The more we understand our mind,the more happy we can live.Nature is god,which provides us (pritvi), water (jala), fire (tejas), wind (vayu) and space (akasha),
    and we all aware of its relationship with human body.The maintenance of these elements in the body we need to do yoga,meditation,for more nourishment having satvik food,right amount of water.people think can't we live without doing all these things,I could say it's a right question,but my answer for this is very simple -we can live but body and mind completely will not be in our control and direction of life will be out of control,I can relate this with an example - When wind is blowing, a force is pushing the trees in the direction of the wind, similarly troubles in our life make us move but we need to control our problems by not allowing it to overtake us.Hope I am clear with point.
    Regards
    Ratna
    Hello sir
    Nice questions,inner way of understanding mind.The more we understand our mind,the more happy we can live.Nature is god,which provides us earth (pritvi), water (jala), fire (tejas), wind (vayu) and space (akasha),
    and we all aware of its relationship with human body.The maintenance of these elements in the body we need to do yoga,meditation,for more nourishment having satvik food,right amount of water intake.people think can't we live without doing all these things,I could say it's a right question,but my answer for this is very simple -we can live but body and mind will not be completely in our control and direction of life will be out of control,I can relate this with an example - When wind is blowing, a force is pushing the trees in the direction of the wind, similarly troubles in our life make us move down, but we need to control that direction towards the right way by not allowing it to overtake our life,and need to be with capable mind to look and turn every trouble as a opportunity. Hope I have provided the clarity in my post.
    Regards
    Ratna

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. RatnaMalliswari

Hello
    Viji mam and Thyagarajan sir,
    Sorry for the multiple messages, occurred by mistake.
    Please consider the last post as reply.
    Regards
    Ratna

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Dear @RatnaMalliswari
    That is fine elucidation about the need for control and direction of mind in the absence of any indifference to this effect the journey of life would be trecherous. Adi Sankara, Buddha and many other monks emphasised the need and chalked out the ways and means for the human beings to follow.
    But a negligible or insignificant only try to exercise control their mind. They go the way the mind takes them.

iyerviji and RatnaMalliswari like this.
  7. iyerviji

Thanks for your detailed reply.

8. iyerviji

Very true. Thanks for your feedback

RatnaMalliswari likes this.