1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds ,you can grow flowers,or weed

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 20, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds ,you can grow flowers,or you can grow weeds.

Luck is what happens when …..
    Preparation meets Opportunity ….
    There are so many questions in my mind for which sometimes I dont get answers.Sometimes we have to do so manythings which we dont like but we are compelled to do it. Earlier in our times no body used to ask questions and whatever the elders say they used to take it as veda vakku and do it but now days unless they know people dont do things , they want answers for whatever we do. Even children ask so many questions and sometimes we are not able to answer them as we ourselves dont know the answer.,

Our mind is always looking for excitement and something new to happen. We should realise that these pleasures dont last long. . People of our times are worried about the society so whatever they do they think and do but present day people dont bother about anyone and dowhatever they think is right. Mind is always interested in new and exciting, since the things we are unable to do and we like.. mind gets more excited them and thinks there is some permanent peace in doing such things which we did not use to do regularly.. after we go and do those things which we liked.. we become tired of it and search new things

Earlier we did not have much facilities, much entertainment etc but we were happy and there was no time to think of anything. But now a days we have everything, all faciltiies , so many entertaiments, like TV and other things but all these dont make us happy especially we senior people whose children are abroad . Without children in the house, the house looks empty. My sister tells me read spiritual books you will find peace. Her son is with her and grand children are also there , so the whole day she is busy either with house work or with the children when they come back from school. So she has no time to think of anything. Whereas I finish all my work by 9.30 or 10.00 then it between I have some work and spend my time in using computer. But everyday is not the same sometimes getbored of computer too. For sometime I was keeping myself busy doing jewellery but now bored of that also. I am a person who wants something new and want to do something new and when I get appreciation I feel very nice. Once someone in Facebook asked do you do things like cooking and jewellery to post in facebook or you are interested in that. My daughter felt very bad reading that but I did not feel bad. I think it is both I aminterested in them also sharing it with my friends in facebook or IL.

So often we regret for small small things in life and
    overlook to acknowledge the things which we have.
    Let us acknowledge the grace within us and
    Be grateful for the infinite good things which we possess.

8 people like this.

2. panda2014

panda2014 Silver IL'ite

Dear Madam Being a senior citizen you are extremely active and I have always loved your posts and eagerly wait for the next one . You inspire youngsters like me to be industrious . :)

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

mademydaysmileyPanda dear with your first like and fb . Glad you like my posts and wait for the next one. I feel so happy to know that someone waits for my posts . Actually I feel I am no so active like others , but you saying that I am active made me feel happy. Since I had hip bone fracture and four operations I cant do some house works and I feel compared to others I am doing less of house work. So keep myself active being on line and writing posts which gives me some pleasure. Thanks once again for your motivating fb

4. seekingbless

seekingbless Platinum IL'ite

well said ma'am. thank you for writting this.

1 person likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji aunty,

I had to write when I saw the title of the post aunty :) It is easier for the weeds to grow than the flowers. Weeds need nothing :( so if thoughts are seeds, then all the more reason to work at growing flowers what say?

It is nice to see that you keep yourself busy - writing or cooking or jewellery making. We should certainly do what makes us happy :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  6. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Hello aunty,
    Nice post.. Enjoyed reading.. There is always something to take away as a learning in your every single post....

1 person likes this.
  7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    It is very nice of you to keep active notwithstanding so many surgeries. Idle mind is a devil's workshop.
    The title of the snippet itself is captivating. Wish you more and more busy activities.
    Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

Seeking bless dear glad you liked my post

9. iyerviji

Srama dear glad to see you here. I know your liking for gardening. I agree about growing flowers . Yes dear these are my small pleasures and being busy with them makes me happy and forget everything. Otherwise feel bored as I miss my children and grandchildren very much

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

Jasmine dear glad you liked the post and to know that you are able to learn something from my post. Glad to see you here , how ar eyou?

1 person likes this.