1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Your kid's fav bedtime story

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Dinny, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Thinking back to those nights curled up with my mom or my grandmother as they ushered me off to a dreamland by reciting those books cover to cover for the umpteenth time brings back fond memories – and, much like a good bedtime story itself, sometimes fond memories are just what you need to end a hard day.

Hello ILites !!

My son loves listening to stories before he goes to sleep.
    There are some stories like " the red riding hood", " goldilocks and the three bears", " Pinocchio" which are his favourites.

Fairytales have this innocence associated with them due to the fact that they are told to children before bed so as to help them conjure wonderful dreams and develop a healthy conscience having learned lessons from the stories

So tell me what are your kids favourite bed time stories???

1 person likes this.

2. LunaDoveDesigns

LunaDoveDesigns Silver IL'ite

Lately he's partial to the Little Critter books by Mercer Mayer. They're short, so we usually fit in three or four at bedtime.

We might start the original A.A. Milne Winnie the Pooh books soon, if I can mend my old copies that I've had since I was a kid. They're a little worn and well loved from when I read them nonstop as a child, and I hope my kids enjoy them as much as I did.

Speaking of bedtime... Past midnight here, I need to get some sleep!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Winnie the pooh!! i love those stories. and so does my son.He loves the animal stories more than the fairy tales

1 person likes this.
  4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

She is only 14 months old and does not pay too much attention to "stories" per se. But since the time I was pregnant, I used to sing to her "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"..rhyme. She even used to move a lot in my tummy when I sing her that...good times :)

After giving her birth, right from day one I was singing her the same rhyme. After she turned 6 months, I bought her a touch-and-feel twinkle star book. I sing that song and she presses the buttons on the book...every singe day since the last 14 months :)

2 people like this.
  5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

How cute Rakhii!!
    I had heard that kids respond to us even when they are inside us...you just proved it

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh ya!! They do Dinny. She used to respond to my voice, my DH's voice and this particular Twinkle twinkle rhyme (and none other) from the time I was like 30 weeks pregnant.

When I was in my 36th week, one day all morning she didnt move. I was so worried. When I went to the hospital, they could detect the heartbeat but she simply wouldnt move even after having SOOO much water and juice. Believe it or not, doctor asked me to talk to her and immediately I started singing twinkle twinkle little start...and voila, she moved. I am feeling all teary eyed even recollecting that day :)
    thanks for bringing back memories :)

5 people like this.
  7. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Wow yaar!!
    Thats such great thing you have shared... This incident shows the connect between a mother and her baby

8. chitii

chitii Bronze IL'ite

story is must at bed time for my daughter otherwise she will not sleep. Every day I used tell rama, krishna, hanuma stories by showing pictures in the books. Now she is 5yrs old and I have started telling magic pot book stories. It is for primary school kids. She likes very much this book and she will finish all the puzzles in the book on the same day itself by her only

1 person likes this.
  9. Vasuma09

Vasuma09 IL Hall of Fame

My son favourite bedtime story is three billy goat gruff and wolf seven kids story.. Daily he wants to listen aast three times especially three billy goats gruff..nowadays he is also very fond of little krishna stories and jataka tales.

1 person likes this.
  10. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I have not started with the mythological stories yet .We have another book called "jataka tales"....its good... the moral of the stories are very real and kids can easily understand it