1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Your Husband Changes Towards You After Speaking To His Parents

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by ChennaiExpress, Jul 3, 2018.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I could not think of a better title for my issue

Many of the ladies on these forums say their Husband acts respectful towards you, but as soon as he speaks to his parents, or when his parents visit, he starts to be rude to you because of what they (especially Mother In Law) is saying.

I can relate because I believe (intentionally or unintentionally), the same nearly happened with me.

I live with both parents and my salary help three of us with daily expenses (pension does not cover everything). As you know, I am taking care of my Dad, who is battling health problems on several fronts.

We are short on time, so my Dad and I go to the same Family doctor who is very close to our house (2 minute walk).

I have a hunch that the Family doctor we see may be subconsciously jealous that I am taking care of my Dad (lot of Doctors, caretakers I see comment that my Dad is lucky to have me take care of him, etc), and that she may be subconsciously trying to create a ripple.

You know, the same way your MIL may try to create ripples between you and your Husband.

Few years ago, Dr asked me when I am going to move out. I said when I become super billionaire

Few weeks ago, after appointment she recommended me to watch a Christian preacher on YouTube who converted from Hinduism to Christianity. When I saw this guy, I realized right away he is fooling people, i.e. if he was truly, divinely touched, why would he try to go out and make money, let alone have a YouTUBE channel.

Do you think Sai Baba would have his own YouTUBE channel and try to make money. Instead people came to HIM.

Yesterday I accompanied my Dad to Doctor because he has shingles. Even though Dad had head injury, he is still very resourceful and. While Dad, Doctor, myself were in office, Dad asked me to call Pharmacy to ensure that they electronically received medication Doctor sent (Pharmacy was about to close).

When the Pharmacist wanted to know name of Medication, Dad asked me to give cell to Doctor. Somehow, Doctor wasn't happy to talk to pharmacist (maybe they had separate misunderstanding).

After the Pharmacist confirmed they will deliver medication within 30 minutes, Doctor told Dad that I need 1 month vacation away from Dad, away from all the secretarial work.

Dad replied that we should all pray for 30 hours instead of 24 hours because I always complain how will I handle all the work that has been given to me.

This commend infuriated me because it seems he expects that I take zero breaks at all.

In the past if I mention that I paint, then he said we have a lot of work to do, why are you painting (I paint during lunch hour at office, and now I am cutting it down to 30 minutes to help handle the increased health issues. Even medical schools tell their overworked students to fit in 30 minutes of enjoyable activity per day).

Or maybe Dad is right and I don't understand the true gravity of our situation, else I would suspend painting all together.

On the other hand, I don't feel like getting up at traveling anywhere just like that. We had a big problem, i.e. my marriage was destroyed. Instead of honeymoon and vacations together, I had lot of trips to attorneys and courts alone (with my Dad at my side when possible). Then my Dad's health started deteriorating, and we need to take care of household finances.

Last night after returning from Dr my right knee was sore, and I wanted to take sick from Office. My Dad is really scared that something may happen with job if I take lot of sick (the immediate supervisor who didn't hire me has always tried to get me in trouble so he can fire me, but it is gov't job, hence difficult), then I replied (inside I was angry) how can I go to work if I am dead.

Then he said if you cannot go to work, stay home next day.

On one hand I want to take care of these household responsibilities for my Dad, because I know for fact he has done same for me. When people in India said he should leave me (when I was a child) and remarry, he stayed. Now the same idiots in India wanted their son to get married to me just so he can get citizenship and any residual wealth.

It's going to take a while for me to overcome this type of situation. I know Oprah Winfrey and Abe Lincoln also struggled, and learned from their struggle.

And just like the shingles virus that stays dormant for years, and then suddenly flares up, similarly I have lot of dormant anger and sadness that flares up.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    messedup likes this.