1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Your Home Cleaning Routine Please!

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by anika987, Jun 19, 2021.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

This one thing always bother me.I try to keep the home clean as much as possible but always fail short.

How do people keep their home/car so spotless? Anyone's home even if i drop in without notice..it looks perfect!

How do you guys maintain the home so well?

Is there any set practice or routine you guys follow?

How is it possible that many ladies look fresh despite so much housework/cooking/kids/general life stress etc?

2. sankara1

sankara1 Silver IL'ite

Ok, "so well" is a stretch for me. I always find things I should be cleaning while talking on the phone..you know you walk around with the phone and then notice, "didn't I vacuum that" or "I must dust this table".. So I have a daily 5 minute routine. I never do the whole house at one go. I attend to one bathroom per Friday because if people come over they will come on the weekend, right? Then each day is vacuuming or dusting or other depending and it goes like that for the 5 days of the week. Only one room or area of vacuuming or cleaning the floor and then another day for just dusting or fixing a broken item..I have to split it up.

MalStrom and anika987 like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

but what about cooking,cleaning ,vessel washing..it takes a lot of time..

Plus laundary is another deal altogether..

sankara1 likes this.
  4. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

There is no perfect clean house or relaxed mom anywhere. It’s myth. If you have small kids or pets there will be mess. No matter how much u try. It’s best for moms to try to keep mind relaxed and remove anxiety. Try to do whatever u can and never expect perfection. No one is judging u and u also don’t judge anyone.

SCA and anika987 like this.
  5. sankara1

sankara1 Silver IL'ite

It's a great stress reducer..otherwise I would be working on work all the time and sitting with a computer. I schedule cooking and cleaning only on weekends..during the week we have leftovers from the weekend..hahah

anika987 likes this.