Your favourite Temple and God!!!

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by ish_nalini, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Hi Lalitha,

A lovely name for a very fortunate person who had a vision of DeviMaa in your dreams. I have downloaded Her photo, She is so beautiful, thanks so much.

The way She came to my house is also like a miracle. I looked for Her in a shop among a big stack of photos, but could not find one. Quite disappointed, I put them back on the counter and can you believe, She was there right on top of the pile!

DeviMaa is my favourite Deity by any name one may choose to call Her.

Jai Bhavani Maa

Padma Srinivas

2. Padmasrinivas

Re: Favotite Temples!

Hi Lalitha,

All five temples listed by you are Devi temples. Are you a Devi Maa like me?

Padma Srinivas

3. Padmasrinivas

Hi Everyone,

My favourite temple is Nemili Bala. She is so cute, just the size of one's little finger but so full of energy and the vibrations are tremendous. My husband and I drove one morning from Bangalore towards Nemili and I called the Peethadhipati for exact directions to reach sri Bala Peetam in Nemili. We arrived within an hour and a half and he was amazed to note that we had not met with any obstacles on our journey. One can visit Her only at Her behest and only if She so wills. We were blessed that Her Call brought us to Her Divine Feet.

Om Sri Bala Thripura Sundaryai Namaha

Padma Srinivas

4. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

My favourite deities and the names i utter when i dont feel comfortable are Ayyapa and Muruga. In my family most of my elders have been to Sabarimala so right from my childhood days i love to worship him. i have been there 5 times. i feel really lucky about it. i love that temple a lot. next to it Thiruchendur which me and my family visit every year.before starting any new task or before any function we go to thiruchendur and also our Kuzha Dheivam "Thillai Maakali" in chidambaram.

other than the above i have few more favourite temples like Kandharkottam in Madras, iyyapan Kovil in trichy, guruvayoor and so on.

5. lalithavennkat

lalithavennkat Silver IL'ite

Dear Padma,

As you say I am Maa devotee only. I am very fond of Sri Kalikambal. I got my daughter after 8 years with
    the blessings of HER only. In that case, for anything good or bad in my life I go to her only. After I leave the problem to her I can rest assured that it will be sorted out immediately and it happends to me also.
    When time permits you should visit once there.

6. Roopavrajan

Roopavrajan New IL'ite

Hi
    Have you seen Rajarajeshwari temple in Bangalore.She is really majestic,and the place is called kanchenahalli rajarajeshwari temple.
    The temple is supposed to be old where Atri maharshi and other rishis worshiped .It is also called champaka dhama where lot of champak trees are still there.It is very famous and she looks like a doll during navarathri festivals .I am always with her and she is by myside always.She is the ruler of this universe really this place is awesome one should visit when in Bangalore to take her blessings.

Roopa Varadarajan

7. Roopavrajan

Roopavrajan New IL'ite

Hi Lalitha Shivaguru ,

I am also resident of Rajarajeshwarinagar.I am an ardent devotee of Rajarajeshwari.I miss her

Roopa

8. Padmasrinivas

Dear Lalitha Shivaguru,

Does RajaRajeshwari Maa appear to you in Her form as She sits on the throne supported by the 4 Devas and with Lakshmi and Saraswati on her two sides?

Padma

9. leenatitu

leenatitu Bronze IL'ite

Dear All,

This morning i was browsing this interesting thread & thought of sharing my favourite god(dess). Even thou I am a Hindu, I am an ardent devotee of Mary Madha. In time of stress or worry , i just have to think her in mind & i get new energy. Same goes with my cute litte 'vinnu' :bowdown (vinayagar).

Rdgs,

P.Leena Dharani

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  10. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Nice Thread. Likes reading about the temples and the deities.

My favorite temples are these:
    1. Tirumala Sri Venkateshwara.
    2. Guruvayoor, Krishnar.
    3. Malaikottai, Pillaiyar.
    4. Srirangam, Sri ranganathar.
    5. Vekkali amman Kovil, Vekkali amman, Trichy.
    6. Triplicane, Parthasarathy swamy.
    7. Uppiliappan koil perumal.

Regards,
    Yamuna