1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Your Favorite Monthly Magazine?

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by penpaal, Apr 25, 2017.

1. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

Hi readers..

What is your favorite magazine which you eagerly wait for every month.

In childhood we all had,champak,balarama, poombatta,bhalabhumi ,tinkle, bobanum molim ,thathamma ,amarchithra katha, readers digest all these magazines/comic books which we waited for.

After many years I got subscription of tinkle again. It totally changed .Even though I was so eager to read this I felt disappointed and closed tinkle after a year.

Tell me which one is yours and your favorite article of the book.

maggi32 likes this.

2. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

I will start with mine.

Monthly magazine -Readers digest.
    Favorite column -Finish the sentence,Laugh Lines

3. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the tag @penpaal

One magazine that has not changed since my childhood - wisdom. I love it as it brings lot of info in the small package.

Tinkle,chandamama and other magazines have evolved and naturally because of the high cost and low profit in the print media. Howver suppandi remains a favorite.

I still read outlook, week, national grography, readers digest, other magazines i chance upon.

penpaal and maggi32 like this.
  5. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the tag @penpaal

Currently - its more like women, lifestyle, family, food, fashion, filmy magazines like aval Vikatan, child, mother n baby, good food, us weekly, star, cosmopolitan
    I enjoy romance novels, n also read from apps like Wattpad

I loved readin even as a child, have read all the fairy tales, folk tales n a lot of the moral of the story kinda books in both tamil n English. I always enjoyed Enid blyton's, Ann M Martin's books then later I absolutely fell in love with Ramani chandran n Sidney sheldon's books n a lot later dan brown. Gues I get all interested with adventure / investigating / romance stories :tearsofjoy:

penpaal likes this.
  6. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

My first memory of reading was 'sindhubath' comic from news paper. After school I remember, laying down on Tamil Newspaper read letter by letter - 'sindhubath and laila'.

When I was in school, magazine lending library was popular. A paper boy would give your choice of 2-weekly or monthly magazines, daily. I wasn't allowed to go the 'street' (oh God, I came long way)! My mom or youngest sister would get it for me - the magazine of my choice. Summer holidays were fun reading 'binded old books' such as parthiban kanavu, ponniyin selvan, sivagamiyin sabatham. Mostly borrowed from school friends. Among the 3-sisters, I was the crazy one - reading! Strangely, my DH also read the same Tamil history books. My BILs, didn't even know such books existed.

Still, today the same habit follows...I read all online magazines/news papers, most Tamil magazines are available online.

Time magazine- we get it regularly at home. Free airline mileage/bank send magazines to us like, Food/wine, Travel Leisure, Forbes. Properly, we are the last generation still read from paper copy!

Amica and penpaal like this.
  7. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

I remember wisdom. After many long years...It is really a good magazine. should see if I can get a copy? is it still available?

8. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

Yeah as we grow our taste changes :) and all magazines have something to learn :)

9. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

Completely agree . We ourself started reading online magazines and newspapers...I wonder if our next generation will get the experience of "smell of new book " :)

poovai likes this.
  10. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

True to raise happy teens we need tips and tricks ;)