1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Your dream home!

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by dhivya rangarajan, Jan 29, 2010.

1. vidu24

vidu24 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for starting this thread. I just saw this today, and i thought i can pitch in and share my thoughts about my dream home. My dream home has come true in US :thumbsup but still pending in my country india. Not only mine my hubby's dream also...
    • I lke my house to be independent with lots of opening and garden with full of flowers especialloy roses,and full of trees.
    • Inside excellent and traditional main door which should identify as my house just by way it looks.
    • Using all my creativity i want to decorate the house all by myself and by the way it should make the stay comfortable with peace of mind.
    • Different at the same time matching paints and arts works in all bed rooms and livingroom.
    • Iam more specific in brightness especially in the morning to get enough sunlight and ventiliation.
    • I want my kitchen to be spacious with lots of needed amenities that makes the work easy.
    • In my garden i want to have oonjal where we sit and relax for sometime.
    Like that it continues...........no end:hiya

2. priyaluvsbaby

priyaluvsbaby New IL'ite

Even today morning..me and DH were having a conversation on buying a built home or build a new home.(We are not planning on doing either one anytime soon :crazy )...
    Anyways..guess what was my stand...build my home!!!! Yeah...i have a dream home in my mind and i have always been compromising to whatever place i lived in....Now when its time for me...i will choose to build my dream home..

My dream is not a complicated one..it is a simple one though!!!
    I am a clean freak...so I need my home to be cleaning friendly the first point :) ...I just should be able to reach anywhere and clean my home...i dont want any clutter attractive space like loft at the ceiling...I need a storage room to keep my clutter organized...That being said...my living room...Thats the place where all of us are going to be most of the time...So I want it very special..I want a redoxide flooring and cosy couches and a simple TV stand with a sophisticated TV...Yes I want to have all the latest elecronic gadgets at my home...:cheers
    Then I want three bedrooms with sufficient space...
    My kitchen....that is where i am going to spend most of the time...so i want it spacious,airy,definitely granite countertop and lots of cup boards..

Even here...i want them cleaning friendly...I hate bugs or lizards at home..clutter free home is a clean home..
    Coming to the backyard..i want lot of free space for my gardening...I love to grow my veggies and it is relaxing for me to do that...So i need lots of space for that...Also I want a good car parking space...

However nice we build the home..its beauty lies on the location too...I also need my neighbour's home to be decently built and maintained well...(clean)

Thanks if anyone have read my post till this point !! i know it is long but just wanted to write whats on my mind...it is still a dream...god knows if it will become real :)

3. Lucywu2012

Lucywu2012 New IL'ite

That's good sharing
    I say it in simple. I like living in a mid-aere house, I like white and I like dog, maybe it can nearby the seaside and I can do sports every morning! I don't need so much, but my house should be warm and feel relax in it!

4. sdeepz

sdeepz New IL'ite

Dear All,

We are constructing a home in a gated community in Chennai. We are looking out for an interior decorator who can advice me on the maximum space utilization and also help us with wardrobe/modular kitchen etc...

Can someone suggest me a good interior decorator/agencies at an affordable cost?

Thanks,
    Deepa

5. bhansnig

bhansnig Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Nice topic. Loved the ideas of all.

My dream house is a nice little house by the sea with a white picket fence and modern amenities.

It should have lots of coconut trees with hammocks and swing.Would love to read a nice book lying on the hammock and listening to the waves and watch the sunset and go for long walks with waves lapping my feet.

Living in Mumbai I can only dream of such a house

6. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    i would love to have garden all around the house.size does not matter much but i would love if it has 3 bedrooms but independent house with lawn ,kitchen garden ,treelined is my dream.

7. juana

juana Bronze IL'ite

The house I dream of has a brick structure with a green tiled roof. A stone wall surrounding it...a drive way and a butterfly garden. Laburnum and gulmohar trees lining the boundary wall. There must be fruit trees and a vegetable garden.

I dream of a duplex house with a winding stairway. The flooring is wooden. The furniture antique Victorian...A study lined with books...Ah ! the ringing phone just brought me to reality !!!

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/p...view-my-balcony-window-photo.html#post1463582

IndusLadies - A different walking experience