1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Your daily routine

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Malyatha, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

Could you please share your sample daily routine, for both the weekdays and the weekends? I am especially interested in the routines of housewives and part-time workers.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malyatha

I am a retired person. My daily routine is morning get up after
    brushing and having coffee take bath. Then cooking breakfast
    and lunch which gets over by 8.45 or 9 p.m. Then for one
    hour or so do pooja.

From 10.30 or sometimes 11 a.m. log in to Indus site and chat
    for sometime with my daughter who is in Dubai. From 12 to 2.30
    watch serial. At 12.45 or 1.00 pm have lunch. Again for half an hour

Again from 4.30 to 5.45 log in to net. At 6 light the diya goto temple
    and then to buy flowers. Later watch serials. Have snacks at 8.45 or 9.
    Go to sleep by 11.30 p.m.

On Tuesdays and Saturdays go to Temple in morning. So that day
    the routine of logging to the net changes. Sometimes go for marriages
    or religious functions in temples.

viji

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  3. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

My routine is get up around 6.30 (if i have slept on time the previous night), finish the morning chorus, have a glass of warm water with honey and lime. Go for a walk for about 20-30 min.

Come home make b/fast and have it. If my DH has time then we sit over b/fast and chit-chat. Then again in the kitchen for lunch and i prepare dinner too in the morning itself along with lunch. Then have my bath.

Lunch is between 1-2 then go to office post lunch. Back after 6. If any dinner preparations left to be done, then in the kitchen again. On some days i go for my spiritual class in the evenings. On those days i come back around 8.

Watch TV in the evenings or finish ironing or any other such work around the house. Or if i have orders then again i am in kitchen making chocolates.

But when i have guests, my routine goes for a toss. Which is very often.:spin

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Malyatha,

I'm a home-maker with a toddler and a 5 month old. So i can't stick much to a routine. But it is something like this on week-days:

6 am wake-up, brush and make tea for me and DH. I like sipping my tea browsing IL and catching up with news.

Thrice a week i have to send lunch for my son. So prepare for that and clean any vessel in sink (i try to clear the kitchen before going to bed but sometimes it's not possible).

Between 6.30-7.30: help son with brushing teeth, give him milk, breakfast. DH helps himself with cereals. I munch on my bread and prepare lunch box. Also make a list of things to do for the day (on good days this is done previous evening itself). Baby wakes-up, changer her diaper, clean her and get her ready. Nurse her.

7.30-8: Shower my son, get him ready, myself shower and get ready. If I have to drop off my boy at school then leave home at 8.15 to catch the bus. I finish errands and return home by 10-10.30. Prepare lunch, clear up laundry, vaccum etc, water plants etc.,

11.30-12: have lunch... attend to the baby at intervals. Relax for 1/2 hr browsing or watching tv or reading book then leave home at 1.15 to bring back boy

By 2.30 we are home or take him to the library and return home by 4. Then tea time snack, play/paint etc., with him. Also browse (or prepare) for dinner.

Around 5.30-6: Light diyas and say some slokhas.

6.30-7: dinner for boy and get him ready to bed.

8-8.30: if DH has already arrived we have dinner together else i have and clear all left-overs in boxes. Load dish-washer. Check if things for next day is in order (winter time so i must keep gloves etc., ready).

then browse to plan for next day's cooking (who else but with Chitvish), play with baby and get her to bed.

I go to bed by 11 (trying to make it earlier)

Also I have each day, as much possible, dedicated to a specific errand.. like vegetable, fruits on a particular day etc., That helps a lot with 2 kids and an always busy husband. Here not all shops are open full on saturdays and sundays everything is closed so week-ends are not of much help!

Latha

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

6. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

Me three!!! :)

Thanks for sharing your routines, Viji Maami, Roopa and Latha.

Like you, Viji Maami (hope you don't mind me calling you that), and like Roopa, I am trying to make dinner in the mid-mornings these days, but hardly ever succeed. Mostly because of my daughter who sometimes develops cravings during the afternoons and will insist on only eating those foods for dinner. Any ideas how to cope with this?

Latha, just curious... is your baby sleeping through the night?

7. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

not really, Malyatha. When she was a new born she woke up, like, every 4 hrs. For us that itself was bliss given that my son used to wake up every single hour until he was 6 months. Then it became every 3 hrs. He started sleeping through only around 2.5 yrs when we put a full-stop to his feeding bottleChillout!.

I don't know if it's because of the weather getting colder, there are days when my little one wakes up quite often. Like thursday night last, i hardly must have slept for 2 hrs totally. But I would say still not bad...

Latha

8. Umasu

Umasu Junior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

My routine starts early morning 4.30.Have Tea ,start preparing breakfast and kid&DH`s tiffin box duty.

My DH and kid will leave around 7.30 and little cleaning work and go to the gym in the club house, come home around 9.00.Have breakfast and a quick shower.

Ready to go to my yoga class around 10.00 and come back at 11.00 .Relax for one hour ie.telephone chatting with my dear mom in law and with my mom.browse for sometime .Start making lunch and finishes by 1.00.Have my lunch.Kid will be back by 1.30.Give her a nice shower,feed her,and put her to sleep till 5.00.Meanwhile i will finish my works like making idli/dosa atta for next day,cutting veggies for night and next day and make some snack for the little one when she gets up at 5.00pm.just close my eyes and relax for half an hour with some Sudha raghunathan`s songs.Then have tea with my little one give her some snack pack her for drawing class.Will be checking mails and browsing for sometime and pick her up from the class.Sit with her and chat about her school and make her do her Homework.start making dinner.Put her to bed around 9.30 .Finish my dinner and wait for my DH.Give him dinner and wind up the kitchen around 12.00,chat for sometime with him and we will go to sleep.
    Week ends will get up late and sundays mostly i don`t make lunch my Hubby will take care of that.
    Thanks for the post yaar only when iam writing i realised i am doing all such things.

Uma.

9. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

looks like this thread is revived.. pls continue sharing daily routines of cleaning n organising in and around the house n household chores so it helps newbies..

10. Deepthik

Deepthik New IL'ite

Hi...
    I wish tostart this thread once again...
    Here is my routine...

My day starts at 7:30 or 8:00 in the morning.. will wakeup and get ready fro the office by 8:30 or some times 9:00 depending on the work...
    If I am feeling hungry, I will have breakfast in the office other wise directly lunch.. lunch will be around 1:40 to 2.
    my office hours are from 9:30 to 6:30 but changes according to time.. now a days am coming home by 8 earlier it will be after 9:30 or 10:00..
    If I have snacks I will have them otherwise will make some rice and bring curries... Most of the times even no dinner... I like to rest my self alot.. while watching tv progarms I will sleep...
    As am bachelor this routine did not disturb anyone :)

very lazy routine but still I feel am busy :)

share yours also here :)