1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

your baby clothes and accessories....

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by breeze01, Nov 17, 2013.

1. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

In our family we use used clothes for newborns. I am the eldest in my family so I have saved my DD's clothes. We got so many clothes but hardly used about 10 in each size. The overused clothes I am yet to discard. I had kept it for my second one. But the second one turned out to be a boy. So now I am saving both of their clothes.

With respect to gold ornaments we usually gift the ornaments to the grandchildren. For example: My DD's chain, bangles, silver utensils etc. were items that my grandmother put for me. So I am also planning to do the same. Just keep it and pass it on to the next generation. May sound silly but my grandmother saved the pillows (she specially made them for me when I was born) for my children. Before she passed away she ensured that they were passed on to me when my kids were born. I used the same pillows for my DD.

In essence I am saving the essentials. The fancy stuff I am freecycling.

2 people like this.
  2. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

because of same fear too I didn't use any of them... maybe I will try to use it next year first and last time if it fit..

3. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

I only regret for not saving his first time used diaper.... new born diaper.... I even got the name tags wrist tags from the hospital.. all those saving baby things and looking at them sure do brings out lot of memories.............

2 people like this.
  4. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

hi, all those passing down jewellery,clothes or others got lots more value.just keep passing it on to other generation... wish my grandma is here she might have gifted me a lot more than what I am buying..............

1 person likes this.
  5. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

we do have a one dress which all my three nephews wore it...my son also wore it... so my sister want that all the kids wear it in the family.. its some nice color combination dress..

6. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

You would have done what i did((((most probably ;-)))))

1 person likes this.
  7. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Same here Breeze... I too have the name tag tied to her wrist in the hospital, when she was born... You will really cherish these memories forever... :)

1 person likes this.
  8. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

yesterday I was looking at the picture from the day he was born he looks so excited.... I cant wait till he start reading.... I do have the habit of writing a diary I am writing about the things we do together.its sounds crazy hahahahaha....

9. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Initially I was ready to give away my LOs most of dresses/toys gifts as I was not planning to have second ever. just keeping some special ( 1/2 pair ) . But now I am thinking to keep everything for 1-2 yrs if I ever have another one, will give away once space runs out or my clock :)
    My LO is the youngest in the family, so no one at present to hand down else I would have given to family happily.
    Special dresses, lehangas I will keep and give to my v close relatives/brothers etc kids if there is any. Rest I will give away to charity.
    Our side, we do not go/give gold jewellery to kids. She has 1-2 silver bangles and some black thread...as my keepsakes ofcourse.