1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You visit your parent's house with DH and MIL will do Grrrrr.....

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ardhra, Jan 20, 2014.

1. ardhra

ardhra Gold IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Well, from a long time I was actually thinking of posting about this. But somehow had managed to stop myself. Today after an incident, I could not stop myself anymore.
    Whenever I visit my parent's house with my DH(It was almost 2 months back we had payed a visit...), MIL will always say nice nice words in front of DH.. But, she'll be unhappy with me. This time it was too much drama...

This time we decided that we'll visit my parents... DH went to get the car checked...
    And here is how MIL tried to lure me...

MIL : Men must not be troubled with women's problems.. We must never ask them to accompany us to our parents house..
    Me : Silent
    MIL : There my DS will be all alone while you are speaking to your Mom... Bechara!!
    Me : No Mom, we'll take care that he is never left alone

After 30 mins, again...

MIL : See, he has not come home yet. You are simply wasting time here.. If you start now, you'll reach much earlier than if you go with him... Start now... I'll tell him
    Me : Its ok Mom, I'll wait...
    MIL : In front of him, you cant speak to your Mom properly... So, call him and tell that you are going home alone... You can enjoy full day with your Mom
    Me : Its ok, I'll manage
    MIL : You are one typical case... you must never take DH to Mom's house... They are a big disturbance...
    Me : Mom, please dont worry, I'll manage :coffee

Then we visited my parents and came back...

Now, from the time we came back, MIL is all lovely dovely with DH and :evil: with me...

Its so funny laugh1smiley .. Why does she have to be so irritated if we go to my parent's house???

Ladies, please share your experience in this department and how do you deal with this???

If there are any MILs here, please explain me the reason behind this behaviour... I have always failed to understand!!!

PS : We had just visited our parents to say "Hi, How are you"... Not to help them or to do them some kind of favor...

6 people like this.

2. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

Ho yeah incase your parents give more love to your DH,and kidnap him from MIL ...hoo myy!!! what a crime you did;-) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bonk

4 people like this.
  3. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

In the early days she would always tell me that after her marriage she never spent a single day at her parents place except for delivery (conveniently forgot that she forced my FIL to quit his job in another city because she could not live without her parents - and that the delivery lasted about a year!!) I never took the hint. But those days I could not even visit my family as they were in another country. Now we live in the US and every time we go they are pretty mad that I am taking the son and grandson to my family. They make fun of my husband by poking him about loving his mother in law so much. My husband goes one step further (though I wish he wouldn't) by saying that the week he spends with my family is more relaxing as they don't put any pressure on him and give him freedom to do what ever he wants. In my inlaws place we are not allowed to even go shopping because that is taking time away from them. I'm happy that I have a husband who understands the need to spend time with my side of the family

4 people like this.
  4. hope2b

hope2b Silver IL'ite

Hi ardhra, my mil is also like this. Only difference is, my H cannot argue with her, so he does as she tells him. The main issue is insecurity. I think mil feels that what if her son starts liking this new lady. What if they take his money or worse, his love.

We were just coming back from abroad and had planned to stay one week with my pils and one with my parents. When dh gave this info to mil, slowly one week became five days, then three. Then when we went to her house, she said exactly what you wrote, giving non sense. You know finally how many days my H stayed at my place? One day. And that was the last time. Since then, he visits my house for few hours, only as I was at my home for delivery:( that's the sad world I am in.

5. pinkRoseBud

pinkRoseBud Gold IL'ite

One new thing learnt. Be patient for our own sanity. Had i been in your place, i would have shouted and MIL would have shown me as a vamp..

2 people like this.
  6. pinkRoseBud

pinkRoseBud Gold IL'ite

Remembered 'Baby's day out' . Husbands are younger than that baby. arent they? how will they surive without their mamma :bowdown

4 people like this.
  7. anjivicky

anjivicky Bronze IL'ite

End of day, you have succeeded in taking your DH to your mom's place. :wow
    Kudos to that !!

1 person likes this.
  8. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

laugh1smileyMaagu's Day Out ... Good that you stuck to your guns :2thumbsup:

2 people like this.
  9. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

deleted.. some technical issue and wrong post got published; am sorry...

10. ardhra

ardhra Gold IL'ite

:rotfl ha ha ha