1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Take Care Of Ur Own Expenses !

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by EagerForInfo, Jan 9, 2022.

1. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Your daughter is married and independent and not living in Indian society. Why would it affect her life?

nuss and chanchitra like this.
  2. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Even in US, a woman may feel scared to step out of her comfort zone to get the help she deserves.

I was born and raised in US, had traditional arranged marriage with monster, and after 10 to 15 incidents I called Police on him. I was the one with job while he mooched off me.

Even then he had no remorse and badmouthed me to relatives in India.

This is the garbage women are faced with. Especially those with no money, no education, born and raised in India.

If we expect women to be superwoman, men should also be Superman.

3. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Bc she will have my reflection! She will follow my foot steps and again the blame game will be on me!

4. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

There will always be something that will be holding you back, you have to decide what is important for you.

nuss likes this.
  5. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Sorry to hear you got trapped in such a bad marriage, you should have done your homework before saying yes to that marriage, good that you got out of that marriage, take your time to understand your partner before you say yes next time.

6. indubalram

My daughter says having been here for so long just bear with this for rest of your few years more!

7. SuiDhaaga

Thank you, but I don’t need the sympathy any longer, I was making a comparison how rough it is for women like @EagerForInfo @indubalram, etc

Fortunately we as a society are all learning that male != God
    And divorce != worse-than-death

I was coming to indubalram’s defense because I know what it’s like to be kicked in the teeth when you are down. And the last few posts seemed like she was being kicked in the teeth.

Let her or anyone else take her time to get out of her hell. I’ve seen a member in IL struggle in abusive marriage similar way indubalram is struggling now and she got out. Now she is in happy relationship.

Minion likes this.
  8. indubalram

If I had some other kind of support system I would have done it too! But ya that’s the reason he takes an advantage out of my situation! It is v difficult!

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  9. SuiDhaaga

It's never to late to be what you might have been
    Some people simply deserve to be unforgiven
    When student is ready
    Teacher will appear
    You will see your path
    And your sadness will disappear

indubalram likes this.
  10. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

You don't need a support system. you ARE the support system. Once you start feeling that you have the strength and you can live happily on your own, nothing else will matter.

As long as you think that separating from your husband is a bad example for your daughter and she one day, in the distant future, might follow the path, you will not be able to break free.

Everyone has a right to live happily! It requires a lot of courage to break societal norms and live life on your own terms. You will be setting an example for your daughter to not take abuse by separating instead of the wrong message of taking the abuse just because you are a woman.

Totally up to you what you decide. No one (even your daughter) can make that decision for you.

MalStrom and indubalram like this.