1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Take Care Of Ur Own Expenses !

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by EagerForInfo, Jan 9, 2022.

1. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Being a woman is so difficult to live. Have good education, job, financially independent! Do all housework including cooking. Give birth to child, bring them up! Being responsible for their bringing up plus managing our job and should not complain!

chanchitra likes this.
  2. drdiva

drdiva Silver IL'ite

..you must b having savings ..so dont worry about what will happen if u loose the job..if you feel more secure by staying nesr your brothers place then you must..I think some people are like this they dont want to spend on wife if they feel she is earning well.

meepre likes this.
  3. indubalram

Wish I could do that! Men proposes god disposes! :coldsweat:

meepre likes this.
  4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

You should not complain. Period

After years of working, and staying independent in life I am sure you must have some savings and funds for your retirement plan.
    If not, this is high time you plan for your retirement.

Forget about your husband. At least grow a spine to be independent and live on your own. He is 60 now, and soon he will become physically vulnerable and require a lot of physical and financial supports to sustain his health.
    Living under one roof with him as his wife would naturally make him responsible for his health and expenses down the line.
    Don't be the fool here. Please make plans for yourself, and make a move right now.

Look for a better support system. Build a life around your DD if she shares a close bond with you. If not, find a friend or reconnect with an old friend or even for that matter, see how best your brother or any other relative can be of support.
    Build your future around them, while being independent and strong.

You are already too late, but late is better than never

chanchitra, Laks09 and meepre like this.
  5. indubalram

Why do you think I’m late? Looks like expectation’s from a woman is too much!

6. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

People like your husband are male chauvinist, you should have shown your resistance in the early days of your marriage, there is a chance that he would have changed now it’s too late, you make decisions that is good for you and your daughter, if you feel you will feel more secure move near your brother or your daughter’s place and build a life that you like.

ஐந்தில் வளையாதது ஐம்பதில் வளையாது

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    indubalram likes this.
  7. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

@indubalram Your DH is doing these kind of things because he thinks that you will not leave him or you can not live without him.

indubalram likes this.
  8. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I feel some of us are blaming women for not knowing any better during her early days of marriage.

How many women (really young girls), from traditional families, communities, mindsets know
    1, How to handle abusive husband
    2. How to handle a turncoat husband (nice at first then shows true colors)
    3. Know anything about saving money, investing, etc when a family’s priority is to have huge dowry (yes, it’s illegal but it doesn’t stop people from making demands) and doll their daughter up for marriage.

Egg has broken, now what should women do to get happiness they want?

indubalram likes this.
  9. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

I agree that when you are born in a traditional family you are forced to follow the tradition, but once you got the opportunity to move to a western country it is up to you to build your own life, if you failed to create a your own social network or if you accepted all the abuse then nothing will change, looks like op is in US there are so many resources for help, so it is op that has to take action if she needs change.

chanchitra and SuiDhaaga like this.
  10. indubalram

I like to take action but at this age I think about social security and think how will this effect my daughter s life!