1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You have touched my heart

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by amihere, Jul 14, 2010.

1. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

At times my heart is touched in a certain way by some people, known and unknown. Though I don’t know what feeling it is; a nerve in my heart is touched. Recalling some such moments.

I remember reading a blog written by a lady in a paper telling that a separate lane has to be given for cyclists in Bangalore. Yesterday while travelling back to home in bus I noticed an old man who was pedaling his cycle getting down from it with a sad smile. He then looked at the biker nearby and said something in Kannada. Though for me “Kannada gothilla” I didn’t have any problem in understanding what it was that he said. “With this heavy traffic it’s really difficult for me to cycle”. Don’t know why but my heart reached out for him, and this made me realize how good it will be for them to have a separate lane for themselves wherever possible.

Last Sunday DH and I were watching an English movie in World movies. (I love that channel, they telecast classics of different languages) It was “Terms of Endearment” (7.3/10 rating in IMDB) which is a story of a lady named “Emma” and takes us through her life from her marriage. Her mother is so strong at heart and never expresses any emotions to other people (other than anger). At the end of the film Emma is diagnosed with breast cancer and from the time she was hospitalized I was at the verge of crying. Since DH is together with me in sofa I tried my best to hide my emotions too. (He sometimes teases me saying I am so… sensitive). But at the end when Emma dies and her mom not able to suppress her emotions more, hugs her husband and cries her heart out. This got me too, and without knowing tears started flowing down. Exactly at that moment DH looked back and saw me crying. I smiled at him in embarrassment and tried wiping my tears (But no; tear ducts were acting like oil wells). Then he took my palm and planted a soft kiss.Don’t know why but it made me cry more and hug him with a feeling I don’t know to describe.

My FIL has the habit of going for morning walks in the nearby park. Yesterday while I was watching the park from office bus I saw him standing in the middle of the park indulged in some thought. Cannot explain why but suddenly I felt a fatherly love for him and that too well went unsaid.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear dear Ami,

you have surely touched my heart with this post of yours.Believe me,I know exactly what you are talking about.i have experienced this feeling too with people who may or may not be connected with me and for no particular reason at all..just the thought or sight of them would moisten my eyes...my mother too brushes it with a laugh and teases me saying " your tear glands work overtime"

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Your heart is so full of love, Ami. That's why those soft moments held great meanings for you.
    Never let the vagaries of life come near your heart. And if you are going to be like this not only will you be happy wherever you go there will be happiness.
    Surprisingly after reading this blog of yours I have a strange feeling that the "ducts of your oil well" will open up on Friday if you happen to read the first love scene from Ramayana I am going to post.
    If you prefer not to embarrass yourself and stay away from that series.. well. I'll understand.
    Thank God for giving you such a DH.
    sridhar

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Amy

Your blog touched my heart....simple moments expressed with such love and compassion....am glad that i have read this blog...

5. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Hi Ami,

Keep being sensitive. It makes you more human. Yes, people will be there to say, that you could get hurt more often. But nature has its defense mechanisms for us.
    And never be embarrassed showing your emotions, ie if they are positive.

Nice Day
    Shail

6. trulypriyaz

trulypriyaz Junior IL'ite

wonderful is your blog...ur emotions are finely expressed and i can picturize you as am reading it..itz really touching

7. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Touchy post Ami.

Lovely one . Me too in your category - first person to cry in movies and very emotional.
    I guess that was me who wrote about cyclists having a seperate lane because they do all circus on the road.

Yups its very dangerous rather than difficult to ride on cycles in namma bengaluru.

With more roads being dug up for either METRO or Fly-Overs its become horrible.

8. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mindian (sorry for the late reply) thanks for the very first FB:) I am really happy to be in this league and to find similar minds through this blog, hop we wont be wathcing a tragic movie together....then the theatre will be a river ha ha :D

9. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sridharji, the first thing after reading your comment I did was copy paste it to my DH:) I think his day is made ha ha.I am waiting for the oil drill to begin:) Satying away from your series? That question doesnt stand a chance coz that will never happen as long as I can login here:)

10. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vidya,thanks for you comments.To be honest I was a little reluctant to post this though I wanted to thinking whether this will be taken as a nonsense!! But now I am glad that I posted it coz my notion has been proved wrong by fellow ILs:)