You Drive like crazy!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by bharthi, Jun 15, 2010.

1. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

:rotflThat is a funny picture..Here the picture talks about not being able to reach on time..BTW,even if the client is stuck in traffic it is fun isn't it..

But I am talking about going inbetween cars and getting over the payment(at times) to reach the place..And sometimes we take a U-turn in the middle of the road and go thru another SHORT -CUT(very famous in Indian metros)...
    But I think we do not have those privileges anymore.In bangalore I(and my friends ..20-25 of us) were fined for using this technique...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  2. kamatchivalli

kamatchivalli New IL'ite

@ peartree
    Way to go...
    I hope I can get enough nerve up to ride my kinetic again...

I agree with Spiderman, I used to drive car/bike in India but it took me some time to get used to the rules and regulations in US.
    But I still miss driving back home amid the blare of horns, potholes and my fellow crazy drivers.
    Here we compensate that but using our fav nick names for the rash drivers, "poda,pathu po"(sir,reach home safely...no pun intended) all with a big smile...

Regards
    Suja

3. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Exactly, suja :bowdown

In India you can drive HOWEVER you WANT to drive, in US you have to drive only a certain way. India is free form :) (in one sense, easy, since you drive as you please!)

4. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

I love it how at any busy junction in Chennai like the Gemini Flyover or Luz Corneryor Anna Salai etc, the signal is red and people are stopped way beyond the stop line, almost in the middle of the road and once it turns green, the rush to start moving, be it a cycle a or scooter or a bus or a lorry.... everyone honking away to glory. It's beautiful :)

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Anything but beautiful.
    I hate the mess at Gemini Flyover.

6. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

All this does is to reiterate the saying... beauty does lie in the eyes of the beholder :)

What's even funnier is that something like a lane is exclusive to people who want to turn right to proceed onto Anna Salai and the rest to drive straight to go to Nungambakkam High Road. But at any given point, you can find at least 20 people driving on the left side trying to cut across people who want to go to NH road because they probably realized at absolutely the last moment that they actually want to go to Anna Salai :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

7. kamatchivalli

kamatchivalli New IL'ite

@ peartree
    Good one...nice observation.:thumbsup

It may not be beautiful but very interesting city life.

I wouldn't miss a chance watching sneaky bikers drive as if they own the road and free sauna treatment when you drive around Chennai ... we pay too much here for hot rocks and sauna :biglaugh

Regards
    Suja