You Drive like crazy!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by bharthi, Jun 15, 2010.

1. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

I stick to my point that it is not a myth.For me it is easy driving in these countries than in India.

Some words are not so good to use in public.Period.It is upto you to use it.

2. rv8

rv8 Gold IL'ite

I second that too.. After driving with literally 'no rules' in India, it is difficult to adapt ourselves in other countries where even a single mistake will burn a hole in your pocket..

And as other posters said, Nice words convey the meaning in a much better way; I see no point in transferring our rage to another person.. :)

3. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

For a moment, I thought this thread was a sequel to CW's other driving thread.

Does India really have any traffic rules? I'd not drive in India even if someone paid me to.

And if you cannot drive in the United States, you should give up on driving LOL United States is probably the easiest country to drive and has the best infrastructure and roads to drive along with automatic transmission cars and if you cannot drive there, then your case is really hopeless.

4. bhuvnidhi

India does have traffic rules..But who is there to follow those.It is just in books and sign boards.

5. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

OK my next question would be does India have traffic police LOL It certainly doesn't seem so.

Maybe they should ban those motorcycles bears drive in the circus as a mode of personal transportation and that would clear up a lot of chaos.

The funniest sight in India are the women in saris riding pillion on those death traps seated sideways :rotfl

[​IMG]

And I hope this Indian family has a really good life insurance policy.

All the king's horses and all the king's men cannot put this Humpty Dumpty family back together if they had a great fall :rotfl

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  6. bhuvnidhi

You can see traffic police at every corner at the end of the month busy with their collections.

Actually the motorcycles are middle class people vehicles but as you said some(many???) roadside romeos use it for performing circus on the road.And I guess everybody knows the reason for their bafoon activities..:rant

7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Exactly! You understood the point.

Just becos traffic is a CHAOS in India, does not mean ppl switch on a dime to disciplined highway driving with rules and regulations. The ones who are "expert" drivers in India are sometimes TERRBIBLE in US or Europe.

8. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Great discussion about how less careless they drive in India (may be few more countries too). It would be interesting to come up with ideas to drive discipline and carefulness in Driving in India (esp with family and folks).

Bharti,
    I got to change the title - sounded a little tasteless for a wonderful discussion like this.

Continue to share your thoughts...Thanks!

9. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Ahhh.... traffic in India, how I miss it :-(

I have never "driven" in India, however, I ride a 2-wheeler - a Scooty!

Somehow, whenever I do go back, I never find it difficult to ease right back and start feeling like a local :) My Scooty is maintained by the friendly provision stores anna and is always ready to use when I go back. I have never felt the need to wait a few days to get used to the traffic or anything like that! In fact one of the first things I do is to go and collect my scooty and start my oor suthals! I love the crowd, the noise, the color.... I just find it very refreshing and humbling!

Of course, it is a different story if I invited anyone to ride pillion with me. Even my parents, who are local to Madras would prefer to take the bus rather than riding with me, even if we were heading to the same destination. My husband who has never been on a 2-wheeler anytime in his life would act just like he does here. Start giving me fundaes about riding in Chennai, so much so that I would sometimes feel like deliberately pushing him off the scooty :rant:rant

10. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

OMG same here Peartree, as soon as I land in India, I take my Scooty out and ride the local roads...I love riding my Scooty. :)

But driving Car there is a big no no.....:drowning.Like Malvi said even if someone paid me I wouldn't drive a Car there... such a pain in the ass. :rotfl Besides I do not know how to drive stickshift type car anyways...

Driving a Scooty is far easier than driving a Car, no??