You Drive like crazy!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by bharthi, Jun 15, 2010.

1. bharthi

bharthi Junior IL'ite

I recently came across this site youparklikeanasshole. Pretty simple and interesting idea.

The site provides a pdf flyer (attached) that you can print a few copies and keep it in your car. When you see a car parked badly (one car in two spots, blocking pathway etc), you can put one of these notices in the car's dashboard. The main aim is to provide you a way to vent out the rage.

In India "Driving like Crazy" is more common than "Parking". In the parking scenario, it is easy to put a notice in a stationary car when the driver is not around. We can't do that when the driver is actively driving. How can we adapt the idea from parking to driving. Any thoughts?

Bharthi

Attached Files:

2. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Hi Bharthi,
    How about a way to communicate the other driver's fault in a much nicer way instead..
    The flyer can still have all checkboxes but could tone down a little.. it is not that hard to create a nicer pdf. :)
    After all our idea is to have better drivers and this might do the job better than a cursing flyer.:)

3. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

I thought someone had renamed my thread Driving Lessons. :biglaughWhat a title? Ayo amma..

4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

No amount of flyers and stickers will change any AH like driving in India... flabbergasted with the traffic and how folks "drive" :rant

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  5. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Chillout!. Like Jetlag, this too shall pass. :biglaugh

6. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

If you can drive in India you can drive anywhere in this world.

7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Thats an urban myth. You need to re-learn driving to drive in a place where there are rules and regulations. Indian driving is like anything goes anywhere.

8. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

We can use better words which convey the message strongly instead of using "such" words.You can as well say "Drive safely . People are waiting for you at home" instead of such words.I feel the title must have been good.

Spiderman, it is not a myth.If you drive in India , you can drive anywhere.I have heard the same comments from my other country friends.Bcoz YOU cannot go anywhere and everywhere in India,but people will make you make you drive that way:rant.If you come home safe or without a dent in the car you are THE BEST:biglaugh.With Pallavan transport(I know that name is no more....) chasing to touch your car....:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

9. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I re-iterate its a myth.

And dont get too worked up abt the title. No big deal. Its just a funny thing she posted (OP).

10. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Spider, when we travel to the US, we drive at ease in the US without any hassles. We follow the lights and the boards pretty easily. However, if someone lands from the US, it is a nightmare for them to drive, Infact several of us start driving from day 1 in the US without any glitch.