1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You dont need someone to complete you, you need someone to accept you completely

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 12, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller

Valentine's day is nearing and all youngsters must be busy buying gifts and cards to celebrate that day. What is the use of just giving gifts on that day. They should continue to love always. Most of us miss out life's big prizes

Nobel, Oscar, Grammy's, Degree S, best job , 1st rank but we all are eligible for life's small prizes

A hug from best friend
    a short sleep on mum's shoulder
    a glorious sunset
    a dance in rain
    an icecream in winte
    a silent night on the terrace
    finding money in old purse
    a slownight walk on a empty road with the person who care

In our days we did not have Mothers day, Teacher's day, Valentine's day etc. So did not have to spend on it. But times have changed , to show our love towards them we give cards with nice wordings. Only giving the card is not enough we have to live upto it.

Good for me my husband does not believe in cards or gifts , if I make yummy food that is his gift. He is not a foody too. For us everyday is Valentine's day. He does not expect anything from anyone. His nephew and son in law is also like him who does not believe in gifts or cards.

We need not wait for that day to show our love to someone. My husband does not believe in giving gifts or receiving gifts. His love is pure . Instead of giving him any gifts I make food which he likes and feel very happy when he likes it and appreciates.

I like to receive gifts and give gifts or cards and that too when you get it as a surprise from someone from whom you did not expect that happiness cant be said in words. I always like to bring a smile on anyone's face by giving them a surprise, especially children feel so happy when you give them the gift which they like. In my office for any birthday or farewell I was told to select the card because I select with nice and appropriate wordings for the person to whom we are giving.

Real love is not based on romance, candle light dinner and walks along the beach.In fact it is based on Respect Compromise , Care and Trust

This year had the opportunity to celebrate our wedding anniversary in Dubai with daughter, son in law and granddaughter and my husband's nephew's family. Valentine's day also we can celebrate with my daughter's family.

Love has to come from inside and it cant be taken from anyone. Children also get attracted to love. If we talk to them with love they come behind us. In olden days parents had so many children and brought them up nicely. But now a days to bring up one child also has become so difficult. The parents expect too much from their children and when they are not able to live according to their wishes , they get frustrated and get angry with them. If the children are dealt with patience they will grow up to be good children.

If I look back in my life I feel how I brought up my children who were only one year nine months difference and that too I was working woman. I think God gave me patience that time to bring them up but now also I feel whether I have achieved in bringing them up.

It;s hard when someone special ignores you;
    It’s harder pretending that you just don’t care….
    Distance dosen’t ruin a relationship. DOUBTS DO. In any relationship, the essence of trust is not in its bind, but in its bond.
    The best relationship in the world is the one in which a SORRY and a SMILE can make everything back to normal again….
    May your cup of relationships be filled with love to the brim

2 people like this.

2. Onesweetlife

Onesweetlife Gold IL'ite

Lovely post viji mami...

Experience speaks!

You just rock!

Cheers
    Sweetlife

1 person likes this.
  3. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Nice post madam. I enjoyed reading this.

I wish you a Happy Valentines day.:gift

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you very much for making my day with your first fb and glad you liked the post, sorry for the late reply Sweety

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to know Vani dear you liked the post, sorry for the late reply. I hope you enjoyed your Valentine's day

6. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Not much, it was just a normal day. My DH does not believe in gifting and all. He says if we want to buy anything you can buy anytime. So don't give excuse for spending .. heheheeeeee

So we both just wished each other and are happy about it that s all.

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I also sail in the same boat Vani dear, my dh also doe snot believe in giving any gifts . But this time I was happy that I could spend with my daughter, son in law and grand daughter on Valentine's day

1 person likes this.
  8. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Madam, so u r in Dubai I guess.

I am in Muscat, your close neighbor.

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Yes Vani dear I am in Dubai, only 4 days to leave for Mumbai

1 person likes this.
  10. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite