1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Cant Read This Without Crying! An Open Challenge!

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Oct 6, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Rad for the kind words,
    regards,

2. geetha_muralidharan

geetha_muralidharan New IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,

This is indeed a wonderful story. I was moved very much. There is a similar situation prevailing in my brother's family between him. his wife and daughter. All of them are at logger heads and my brother and his wife are just holding the thread which has worn very thin. I have read your "SHE" and am also reading "HE" which are ex cellant works. ONE CANNOT GO OUT OF RELATIONSHIP BUT CAN ONLY GROW OUT OF THEM--'SHE'' is a wonderful philosophy. The open expression of love and praise for what one does really works wonders with people of any kind. My husband is one of that kind, who will go in search of the person who has done some thing nice and praise that person. A very very easy gesture which reaps so much of goodwill for all who are concerned is indeed one to be followed by one and all. Thanks a lot, sir.

with regards,
    geetha:hatsoff

3. varalotti

Dear Geetha Murali,
    thanks a lot for the words of praise. I feel happy to note that your husband has that admirable quality of thanking and praising every one for favours received or help done.

Sorry to know about your brother's family. In these days of hectic work-life and stress-filled occupations one does not have any quality time left over to deal with the family. And that is the root cause of all the marital problems of the day.

regards,

4. sudhakumar

sudhakumar New IL'ite

Dear Mr. Varalotti,

I happened to read HE 8 only today. Hence the delay in responding.

I fully agree with you. I am reminded of "On saying please" by Alpha of the Plough(A.G. Gardener). In that he has emphasised the improtance of saying "thanks" and "please" even to a lift operator and how the chain of happiness would start from there. I was fortunate enough to have read it as part of my school curriculum. The message has stayed ever fresh since then.

But, unfortunately, attitude of the people has changed. When u praise some one for their good deed right on thier face, instead of accepting with shyness, as they used to do in yester years, people take pride in their action and boast about how good they are the very same moment. So, many a times, I wonder if I have done the right thing by appreciating them and thanking them for their help.

I am sorry - my intention in expressing this view is not to kill the spirit of your good msg, but to share my experience.

sudha

5. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Hi Varalotti,

Before I share something about this story, let me tell you what happened on the first day of registering in IL. Was just searching topics. Got to see the list of people who posted who am I. By the name varalotti I remembered a writer whom I've been
    meeting in Vikatan which has been part of my life from the age of seven. It was 'him'. Nice to see you here.

Read this story (and the other one again, titled 'periya idathu uththaravu'. Thanks to the friend who gave the link). It is very rare that people win inhibitions. Everything gets sunk in the heart because of it. You would have brought it out from thousands of hearts. Just now I posted my who am I saying love does miracles.

Hats off to 'anbu'! And needless to say to you, too...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  6. varalotti

Dear Oviya,

I have been writing since 1998. Have written more than 300 short stories, and articles. Have written 9 books, 7 of which have been published. 8th is on the way.

But other than these numbers I have not won much in writing. But when I see posts like yours, when somebody tells me they have read my story long back and that it disturbed them, I feel like having won the Nobel Prize itself.

Hats off to you and your love, which has made miracles.
    I am writing some serials here in this forum. The latest serial is HE and I have completed 15 weeks.

You can start reading the first episode by clicking this link
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/saturdays-with-varalotti/15637-he-episode-1-a.html

I suggest that you read the curtain raiser for the serial so that you can follow the story format. Here's the link for the curtain raiser.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/varalotti-rengasamy-s-short-serial/15475-he-a-curtain-raiser.html

Welcome aboard IL, Oviya and I wish you the best of luck.
    love,

7. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Thank you for your immediate response and the link, Varalotti. Would read all of it. Got to see that the serial is going on.

8. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

Sridhar Sir,

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I really wish I had read this story a little sooner. But then it is better late than never!
    Human relations is a vast ocean and one gets to learn and grow till the last breath. Once this art is internalised , it takes a person to great heights. The exercise of appreciating atleast one person each day of our life, will help us grow stronger bonds.
    Well Sir,thanks a bunch for providing such valuable information thru' such a nice story!!!!

Regards,
    Viji

9. varalotti

You are right, Viji. Relationships is the best place for learning things. It is a hundred times more powerful than retiring to the forest and doing penance. And so many times more difficult too.

The reverse exercise is quite easy. Criticising one person a day comes naturally to us. But to praise, to acknowledge the good work to express gratitude to those who are near and dear to us, well, it's a sad taste that it requires a lot of training.

Another easy way is to make our "thanks" full of zest and life. Instead of mumbling a mechanical thanks we can specifically mention the work done and tell the person that but for her giving/helping, our lives would have been more difficult.

thanks for the nice words, viji.
    sridhar

10. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

An emotional and sensitive story uncle.

Great :)

Its true most of us (atleast me) treat moms as kinda 'take it for granted'

You correctly depicted the term "shock absorber'.

Sweet story:cheers