1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Cant Read This Without Crying! An Open Challenge!

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Oct 6, 2006.

1. kswati

kswati New IL'ite

Beautiful! Yes, true what Sarda said not that mother needs a thankyou from her children but some such kind caring words of gratitude are priceless gifts, moments.
    Well, on this I would like to put forth my opinion and experience.
    Iwas never a person of celebrating birthdays and anniversaries, i always had the feeling what big everyone has birthdays and anniversaries what big inmaking public and celebrating? Even after about ten years of my marriage i had that opinion, but as my daughter started growing and she realising and remembering birthdays, anniversaries and all those mothers day, fathers day, she started preparing cards initially with whatever pictures she felt were nice, then as she grew bit more she started penning few words according to the requirement, sometimes, thanks giving message sometimes love messages and making effort to bring some gift (surprise) say a small chips packet, a pen, once when she was ill she just wrapped our marriage album and gifted us on our anniversary.
    This all made me realise how I was day after day looking out for such small meaningful things from her and from my husband and family.
    So though u do not adhere to apppreciation or thankgiving week one can surely use these days of birthdays, anniversaries and appreciate and thank your people around.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Swathi,
    What you have said is quite true. All of us are looking for some grand ways to thank and great ways to celebrate. In that search we do not have the time to stop and say a simple thank you, to give a simple card, a hug, a wish and a greeting.
    Children are more adept in this than us adults.
    Nice thought, Swathi.

Welcome to this great site.

I am now writing a serial story SHE which appears in this very forum. You may read that and let me have your views. Here's the link for the first episode:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/saturdays-with-varalotti/7118-she-episode-1-a.html

regards,
    sridhar

3. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hello writer,

I liked the story a lot, but won the challenge.It is an emotional story, and has a very good moral or you may say....learning...and i also could relate to it, but i did not cry.Not that i donot get emotional, sensitivity and getting emotional is a part of me...

4. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hi Varalotti

What a wonderful story. And of course there was tears in my eyes at the end of the story. I too attended so many training courses in my working life and actually learnt a lot. But we are all human beings and we forget to implement whatever we learnt in our real lives. When we learn some 10 good things we must remember to use atleast one of them and it helps one in the long run.

Thanks for posting a very nice and valuable story.

Regards
    Nirmala

5. varalotti

Thanks Nirmala for those kind words. I have been a trainer and a faculty most of my life. And I picked up this incident from one of my fellow trainers. I added come colours to the incident and made it into a fullfledged short story.
    I am happy you liked it, Nirmala.
    regards,

6. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Varalotti sir,
    I liked the story. I neither won nor lost the challenge. I guess, the caution made me little alert. I have to accept that i became little emotional during the climax. The mother's longingness for her daughter's appreciation really touched my heart.

The HR class was not only for Sarada's employees but also for me. Thanks!

7. nithe

nithe New IL'ite

really good,i could not stop cryng:cry:,its wonderful mahendar is simply gr8:bowdowngvng us a lot of confidence after readng,:thankyou2:

8. Rad

Rad Bronze IL'ite

very impressive story indeed

9. varalotti

Dear Sindhuja,
    Thanks for the nice words. I am happy that you liked the story. I was in the US during August to October, 2007 and hence could not reply to you on time.
    Sorry for the delay.
    regards,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Nithe for those kind words. To be honest with you I cried while I wrote this story, 5 years ago.
    regards,