You Can Be Omnipresent - The God

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Thyagarajan, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: YOU CAN BE OMNIPRESENT - THE GOD :hello:
    A group of 15 soldiers led by a Major were on their way to the post in Himalayans where they would be deployed for the next 3 months.

The batch who would be relieved waiting anxiously.
    It was cold winter & intermittent snowfall made the treacherous climb more difficult.

If someone could offer a cup of tea. . the major thought, knowing it was a futile wish..
    They continued for an hour before they came across a dilapidated structure, which looked like a tea shop but locked.

It was late in the night.

"No tea sellers, bad luck", said the major. But he suggested all take some rest there as they had been trekking for five long hours.

"Sir, this is a tea shop and we can make tea... We will have to break the lock", suggested one soldier.

The officer was in great dilemma to the unethical suggestion but the thought of a steaming cup of tea for the tired soldiers made him to give the permission.

They were in luck, the place had everything needed to make tea and also packets of biscuits.

The soldiers had tea & biscuits and were ready for the remaining journey.

The Major thought, they had broken open lock and had tea & biscuits without the permission of the owner. They were not a band of thieves but disciplined soldiers.
    He fidhed out two Rs 500/- note from his wallet, placed it on the counter, under a sugar container, so that it would visible to the owner of tea shop.
    The officer now felt relieved of his guilt and so he ordered to put the shutter down and proceed further climbing up to the post.

Three months passed, they continued to do guarding the post at the border and were lucky not to lose anyone from their group in the intense insurgency situation.

It was time due for another team to replace them.

Soon they were on their way back and stopped at the same tea shop which was open and owner was present in the shop.

The owner, an old man with meagre resources was in delight to greet 15 customers at a time.

All of them had tea and biscuits. They talked to the old man about his life and experience of making and
    selling tea at such a remote place at high altitude.

The old man had many anecdotes to tell, replete with his full faith in God.

"Oh, Baba, if God is there, why should He keep you in such poverty?", commented one of them.
    "Do not say like that Sahib! God actually is there, I got a proof three months ago."

"I was going through very rough & tough times because my only son had been severely beaten by a terrorist who wanted some information from him which he did not have. I had closed my shop to take my son to hospital. Some medicines were to be purchased and I had no money. No one would give me loan for fear of the terrorists. There was no hope, Sahib".
    "And that day Sahib, I prayed to God for help. And Sahib, God walked into my shop that day."
    "When I returned to my shop, I found lock broken, I felt I was finished, I lost whatever little I had. But then I saw that God had left two five hundred Re notes under the sugar pot. I can't tell you Sahib what that money was worth that day. God exists Sahib. He does."

The faith in his eyes were unflinching. Fifteen pairs of eyes met the eyes of the officer and read the order in his eyes clear and unambiguous, "Keep quiet".

Major got up and paid the bill. He hugged the old man and said, "Yes Baba, I know God does exist. And yes, the tea was delicious."

The 15 pairs of eyes did not miss to notice the moisture laden eyes of their officer, a rare sight.

The truth is one can turn to be God to anyone.

Mistt likes this.