1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You beaut!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by knot2share, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    Clearing clutter is always an enjoyable, though a wee bit tiring, affair. Its not just cluttered things that get organised, but also old memories, that may have withered away if not recovered and renewed now and then !

The Scribbled note is a great refresher of historical dates and facts ! The use of First Person in important events is very funny and endearing ! Hope you have saved the pad to be read again in the year 2075 !
    :thumbsup

2. Raechel

Raechel Senior IL'ite

Hi K2S,

You proved me right, u have a way to make trivial things interesting, I envy you more for that.

Enjoyed reading it, true while cleaning, we come up with lots of interesting things which takes us down the memory lane. I loved that part on keeping the TV switched on, I do that when I have to spend the night alone ( whenever me or my DH is traveling) ,having the TV on, somewhat makes me feel like I am not alone.

Your goody basket is like "akshayapathram" , hope it says so forever.

3. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Thank you Muskan and great to see you! I am sure there are lot more opportunities to chuck a sickie for a long weekend treat.

Ami dear, Thats true! Sometimes all we end up doing is bring everything out of the cupboards and then put them all back neatly stacked. It is so difficult to let go of some things isn't it?

Meenu, you are also right. I have done this several times where I start with the intention of cleaning and then when hubby is back home he is trying to figure out what exactly had I cleaned?? Nothing !!! It certainly feels good once we end up completing the work. We can then start hoarding more stuff for the next time :). Thank you for reading.

Susri Ma, Thank you for the comments. Although I have not been able to put anything like you did in your snippets+poem version! I have to work on that skill.

4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Mindi,

I quite liked my attempt really and I was delighted with the outcome. Oh God, I sound so pompous isn't it? Like I mentioned to Jaya, I just added some extra bits on both sides of the piece. It helped me brush up my knowledge of history too. I googled up some of those as I composed the post, just for curiosity sake. It was a good assignment for me.

S does need all the luck possible you know, esp after I have come into his life. Because I am not an easy person to deal with...heheheh...Loved your idea of starting at Kanyakumari :). We both laughed when we read that.

See I knew Tsonga was going to win. You should ask me for tips next time. But Djokovic gave a good fight. Five sets is not a joke. And more importantly our cleaning up took more than that, but sort of completed in satisfaction for now. Thank you Mindi for the comments.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  5. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji, WOW, I have some brownie points from you now!! Very very glad to see you and thank you once again for reading. You don't have the heart to throw away some things??? Me too Kamalji. I don't use them anyway but still can't get rid of them. This time around we were ruthless and many many things have been removed. And there is more still in there re-stacked neatly for the next time.

Dear PadmaS, Great to see you here and hope you are all keeping well and sure your grand-daughter must be keeping everyone glued to her. Extremely happy to know that you enjoyed reading it and I am happy to share it with all of you too. I thought that was a very interesting piece of scribble. A veritable treasure trove - I had to google up the exact meaning of Veritable, and honestly feels good to hear that but unearthing treasures beyond compare...??? mmmmmmm very high words of praise dear PadmaS. I will accept it in any case, as it comes. Thank you so much for your feedback.

6. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear TL, It sure is a tiring job but when we stumble upon an interesting thing, it surely revives us from the fatigue and we are back again into the chore with full enthu. I have certainly saved the pad to read it again in 2075 :). Thank you very much for being here and appreciate your feedback.

Raechel dear, I am doing it tough to keep up to your opinions about me :).
    You are very kind to me and thank you so much for your good words and encouragement. I surely know how to rattle on and on about anything. It is a surprise because I was never like this before. Time and age has made me more talkative through pen/keyboard..heheheh. Glad you loved reading it.

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shree,

I quite liked my attempt really and I was delighted with the outcome. Oh God, I sound so pompous isn't it?

hahaha i know that feeling exactly..happy with a job well done.You are fully entitled to revel in that feeling.:thumbsup

See I knew Tsonga was going to win. You should ask me for tips next time. But Djokovic gave a good fight.

i dropped in again to share a joke with you..yesteday dh came home and said" i gave my condolences to mri(my dd)" .Shocked i exclaimed" why,what happened"
    "djokovic lost no ?she was very down" i was like" oho avalavo dhaana":)

i was then amused at her reasons.."poor thing ma..he is not keeping well you know..he threw up etc etc":biglaugh

btw was LOL at your reply to paddy too.

8. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Mindi, I have gone through this phase like your daughter too. Bucket loads of tears wasted on them, have offered coconuts to GOD on a victory etc etc..........ayyo all antha kaalam. Now it feels all stupid but then it meant a lot to me. Manoj Prabhakar and Stefan Edberg used to me my all time heroes :).

9. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear k2s:

Normally, I don't read too many fb's. I enjoy reading the posts more. But I realized today that this is a mistake. I miss out a great deal of fun in the process. Had I not read your reply to Jaya's fb, I wouldn't be in a position to appreciate the post as fully as I am doing now.

Till you came to the scribling pad, you made me feel nervous. I was looking around me sitting in my study and these lines were far too revealing:

To my horror and dismay, I found literally each and every item you mentioned staring at my face. I felt threatened. I haven't had a long weekend to fix up things. Everyday is work day for me, having retired in 2006. Not a single day do I feel relieved that office is over, time to go home and watch my favourite movie or read a favourite book. No, everyone belives I am retired and hence available to write or lecture or ... Well, this list too is endless.

I was literally trembling till I reached the red font part. They made me forget my fears and I was jogging my way back to the beginning of time.

Still marvelling. Very good writing indeed. IL is getting better each day.

10. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear OJji

Thank you for reading and I am really really delighted to see you here. I had submitted the post here on IL late into the night and when I woke up the next morning, it occurred to me that I should have added a note towards the end of the post saying that the red text was not my writing but S', exactly for the same reason that you had brought up here - not everyone reads all feedbacks.

So jumped online and then I noticed formatting issues with it and while I was correcting that and saving the changes, that is when I saw Jpatma's reply. So I chose to reply to her feedback and used that space to let her and everyone know that the text in red was S' creation and I just added some bits to it. The post is sort of a joint venture!! Glad to hear the you read the reply too.

Thank you for appreciating the effort though. It is very encouraging for people like me.