1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You are not getting married to me only , you are getting married to my whole family

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mohini16, Jan 10, 2013.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Re: You are not getting married to me only , you are getting married to my whole fami

Why taking this seriously girls??????

You are beautiful and well shaped, and hence the guy got mesmerized by looking at your figure. He wanted to have you, and do not dare to leave you. Understandable.

Since you said that you have put on a bit (that probably says that you are not exactly look the same as in the pics that he was mesmerized about); hence he could have worried as if his parents or someone might comment negatively on your looks (being fat), which should not affect the entire proposal.

I assume that you guys haven't met in person. If that's the case, like us.. he too might have misunderstood your statement of getting fat, as you ARE FAT; hence said a word of caution to prevent any damages.

Marrying a family and not just a man is the very normal, but an unfortunate situation here. At least for the first couple of years, you've got to live with that, unless you fly away to abroad by leaving the entire family back here:)

1 person likes this.
  2. mohini16

mohini16 Silver IL'ite

Re: You are not getting married to me only , you are getting married to my whole fami

My apologize CrazyWriter, my intention was not to mislead ilites .....i was looking for genuine replies and Yes the worst thing which i didnt like is he said "You are marrying my whole Khandan" .........
    i wanted to get opinion on this comment specifically.......I did post thread abt this USA guy earlier too and got negative comments......but since my parents want me to fix rishta asap i am trying to compromise on some points but i truly dont think marriage is between two families...........it has to be between guy and girl and family jumps in between occasionally...........
    Precisly i am tired of dating and looking for rishtas........why dont i just meet perfect man ....it sucks ......

3. ladki1

ladki1 Silver IL'ite

there will be so many people in khandan..it means some one might like slim figure,some one like plumpy,some fat......he want to say other people can say u fat ,theefore u have to be preety...not for himm...but for the khandan....

i am married to a guy..he told me if some one told u anything...about looks dont bother....u are married to me...u have to care about my words not the others...not my family members...

4. mohini16

mohini16 Silver IL'ite

Thanks again SGBV .......he lives in USA and crying to bring his family over to US........this is pretty clear that he expects his wife to take care of his family..........no matter what

5. nicegirlradhi

nicegirlradhi Gold IL'ite

ask him if he will be doing the same...i.e marrying your family along with you. then see what he says:)

3 people like this.
  6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

If you are not ready to babysit his family (I mean, to take care of them by fulfilling all their demands, that too at the very early stages of your life), then frankly tell him that you are not into that. Give him your honest opinion about this, and see how he reacts to that.

He can take care of his family nicely from staying far away from them. I am sure, you won't be against to this idea. Also, he can bring them over to the US, and then should make arrangements to their stay in somewhere else prior to his marriage. So, that his wife is not forced to live with in laws, and his marriage is not interrupted because of their new settlement in the US.

7. Wondergirl137

Wondergirl137 Gold IL'ite

This is a red flag. dont even think of getting married to this guy. i faced similar stuff...ignored it..now suffering like anything.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  8. Poonamk1

Poonamk1 Silver IL'ite

Very true..

1 person likes this.
  9. rkk1

rkk1 Gold IL'ite

Why do you want to be with this guy? I don't know if you are divorced or not, as another Cutemonster mentioned. Especially if this is true, be even more careful to choose a right partner this time around. Don't just marry in haste out of desperation to get married. I married in haste, and now I'm paying for that now by impending divorce (my husband is sweet natured, but he has an excess attachment to his mother that cannot be resolved at all, which I would have seen clearly if we had taken longer to marry). This guy is clearly telling you what your life will be like... that you will be subjected to his whole family. Right now you are free, but soon you will be their slave.... is it not better to be slngle than be married but subjected to this slavery? You live in Canada. There are so many nice, kind, Canadian men there who will treat you properly as a woman... why run behind this no-good guy when you have so many others to choose from? Your hesitation and your posting here is your inner self telling you that something is not right.... LISTEN to it! Don't shut it off in desperation for marriage, as it is there trying to protect you from making a mistake! I wish I had listened to my own inner voice before my own marriage.

4 people like this.
  10. prettydevil

prettydevil Platinum IL'ite

God must be really loving you... that is why he gave you an opportunity before mrg... "RUN AWAY"......

Marrying his whole family?? looks like another momma's boy.... run away sweety.....

1 person likes this.