1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You are not getting married to me only , you are getting married to my whole family

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mohini16, Jan 10, 2013.

1. mohini16

mohini16 Silver IL'ite

Hello Ilites , just a quick question , i have been talking to this guy for matrimony purpose since 4 months now and him and his family wants to come over to my place to meet up now .......he said if you want to loose weight or so then u have one month coz i dont want my mother to say that you are fat .....i was like whatever i dont care what ur mother thinks....i didnt say it though......
    Second thing he said was you are not getting married to me , you are getting married to my whole Khandan (family)..........
    OK i know it in bottom of my heart he is mamma's boy but i am still asking this question......... i though marriage is between 2 people who want to spend their lives together............but i guess not in arrange marriage.........:(:(:(

1 person likes this.

2. seethavarma

seethavarma Gold IL'ite

Re: You are not getting married to me only , you are getting married to my whole fami

You want to put your head in to a snake hole?????????????????????
    Bhagoooooooooo,this is ridiculous

12 people like this.
  3. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Re: You are not getting married to me only , you are getting married to my whole fami

Run away, change your phone number.

9 people like this.
  4. Dhivya5

Dhivya5 Gold IL'ite

Stay away from this guy right now. He is so stupid. Let him find a girl who will have a place in the good book of his mommy.

3 people like this.
  5. priyashrvan

priyashrvan Senior IL'ite

Dont marry this guy MO... Your future will be a question mark...

1 person likes this.
  6. priyanka12345

priyanka12345 Silver IL'ite

Dont marry this guy. You should be grateful he said it straight away before marriage itself and not like some who mention wife as the only person in their life whereas its the other way.

Just cut ties with him.

4 people like this.
  7. Priyaram170

Priyaram170 Silver IL'ite

Dear Mohini16

Forget about the weight issue. Why do you think in a negative way, probably he doesn't want to give his mom a reason to say no to you. Secondly being mama's boy, every son is like that and every daughter is like that.
    For ex :When we consider our mums first for evrything, be it sharing, taking suggestions or what so ever. . why cant he do that. In any relationship to be a mama's boy or wifey's hubby you need to give time so that he himself identifies who is correct and take my word the moment he understands you are right for once even if next time it is your mistake he will support you.

Its not gyaan i am giving you,Its just the experience of my own 3 year old marriage. Be it love marriage or arranged marriage the difference is only till u get married once you get married its the same story everywhere. Learn to handle situations diplomatically than running away.

Good Luck :)

12 people like this.
  8. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

Stay away Mohini..Be thankful you got to know this before marriage.

1 person likes this.
  9. Purplejasmine

Purplejasmine New IL'ite

Run in the other direction, unless you wanna suffer your whole life. I can only appreciate one thing in this guy he has told his expectations so openly before marriage.

3 people like this.
  10. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

I am not yet married 2 advise u, but if it were me, I would run away from any man who says that to me, be it arranged or love marriage.

3 people like this.