1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"You are a theist or atheist? - Cosmic laws- Seventh part"

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ayyan, Feb 8, 2010.

1. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

You are a theist or atheist?

I have faced this question many times in my life. Most of the times that question raised by a confused person who believes himself as a believer of god, most probably he must be a polytheist. And my truthful answer is always I am a believer of god and I can not be an atheist and I can’t stay a micro inch away from that unknown power.

But many of you believe that you are true believers and worshipping your god always, but still you may be a real atheist.

How can a person be an atheist without even knowing the truth that he is an atheist?

Simple answer, “if you do not believe in god, you must be an atheist”.

You may be a polytheist, but still that can be a reason for you to be an atheist.

It is just like mistakenly interchanged babies in the delivery room and whole life they love somebody else as their father. His love is truthful, but I feel pity for that son, same way I feel pity for all god’s sons and daughters in the similar situations.

A vast subject very briefly says…

Human life evolved through various cultures, and various communities started praying various myths and started calling all those are gods and believed that all those have powers to be a god and they started worshipping. There would have been many reasons for them to do that. The followers of those groups and their generations also did the same and still their present generation follows that, and believe what they believe is the real god. They must have got some historical stories to prove their beliefs.

If I am able to be a spectator watching all these incidents from outside throughout the generations, what would be my reactions to their beliefs?

If I am totally aware about the evolution of incidents and all the stories and myths created by men, what will be my reaction to those gods?

All those men and their generations and the whole world had been created by some unknown power and our awareness about that power is a big zero.

Do they believe in god?

No they do not at all believe in god, but believing in some beliefs handed over by somebody. So how can we call them as believers of god? No doubt they are atheists.

The same way vast majority of human beings are still atheists. They never have thought about god a single second in their life. All their life is being wasted by running behind the man made lords. They are devotees of babas, swamis, bhagavans, epic Heros etc.
    But nobody is a devotee of god.

So don’t think that you are a believer, think about your beliefs. What do you believe?
    What are you worshipping? The one I worship is a man made one or god’s own one?

How men can make gods, if so, why should I pray those gods?

Who told me first to worship that god? How he came to know that is the real god to be worshipped? What was his authority to tell me to worship that?

Who told you that you are in this religion? There was any marks on your body by birth proving that you should be in any particular religion and worship only the selected gods in that religion?

If a sensible person sits and thinks about these questions can easily find that all what we do are the results of big foolishnesses.

So you are a devotee of god… or what?

You may be a person regularly visiting temples, churches, ashrams or any man made institutions related to god, but still you can be an atheist.

Do you want to live as an atheist?

It is your decision.

2. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    To believe in a Power that is above all that we can imagine and to try to understand how our conscience is linked to that all pervading power is Faith. For that, no labels ( Theist, Atheist, Agnostic, Pagan ) are necessary. All things like shrines, gods, godmen are man made crutches to help achieve that Faith. This is Spirituality, not Religion.
    :thumbsup

3. lakshmilife

lakshmilife Junior IL'ite

Hi Ayyan,

I am an atheist and i have accepted this fact few years back.Being from a normal hindu family I always indulged with temple visit evening diyas and all the other ritualistic stuff we hindus are involved in.But my practice was just a habit.

My enligtenment occured a few years back when i asked myself that do i really believe in it or am i just doing as a practice.That was the day after which i never followed any religious practices.

MY PHILOSOPHY IN LIFE IS NEVER HARM ANYONE BY YOUR DEEDS YOU WILL NOT HAVE GUILT AND THIS WILL ALWAYS KEEP YOU HAPPY

4. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

Hi Tubelight,
    You can really give light to others, you said it. But it is sad to see the majority is still running behind religion and all other odds you mentioned, not to spirituality.
    Regars, ayyan

5. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

Hi Laksmi,
    I can find negative meanings in our present positive truths, and that made me to say about atheists. But the time when you achieved that enlightenment, you must have turned to a real theist in my positive senses, not to an atheist. The visions you expressed is enough to be a real theist, in the world of atheists…no need to run behind gods, religions and rituals….regards, ayyan.

6. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Hi Ayyan

I too don't feel that life is wasted by running behind swamis and babas etc. If that is what a person believes in, so be it. I think we need a visual aid to help us understand anything and possibly these swamis and babas help many in just that. Am I a believer or not? I am neither, because to be either one of them one has to be very well versed, which I am not. I accept there is something up there guiding us all and we call that something GOD. I do what my conscious tells me to do and that is about it. I think an aethist is much more learned than a theist...don't you think?

7. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

Hi Ayyan, This is thought provoking. I think it all can be summed up in one word "Belief". There is a super power...thats undeniable. Also now and again some ordinary mortal progresses above others either by spiritually advancing in knowledge or practive, ( jnana and bhakti yoga) or by gaining extra powers etc. All this makes that mortal stand on a higher platform compared to the other lesser mortals...thus becoming revered . But according to me its simple...to each his own....Regards GP

8. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

Dear Shree,
    Thanks a lot for coming again. But being everything as it is leading us to nothing; don’t you feel we need to change a lot? Years and years of beliefs and rituals continue, but still we are in a utopia of blunders, and so hate each other in the names of gods and religion. Simple questions but serious issues, Can I marry a Muslim girl and live here without facing any troubles? If a man can understand that “something up there guiding us all and we call that something GOD” there were no swamis and babas required for enlightening the society. But as you said if they can provide that visual aid leading to become a real theist is always good but if it leads to the same utopia of blunder beliefs bounded inside religious stuff and not reaching anywhere near that vision can only boost the rift between men in terms of gods and religion. He can be a guru if he has that vision to guide others but can’t be a god or god’s representative, and if a follower feels that truth, he can go to any swamis, babas, temples, churches anywhere, and contrary he doesn’t have to run anywhere once he achieved that truth and stays always with god…my own beliefs…regards, ayyan

9. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

Hi GP,
    Thanks for your views. The people stand on a higher platform gain a responsibility to those lesser mortals and to guide and avoid a total destruction of humanity….for you to …to each his own… you can…regards, ayyan

10. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

came twice, sorry plz see below