1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yoga vs spinning!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Kamalji for your words. That is the hardest part of accepting I guess even though we all know it deep down. It is only natural for us to want to see results for all ourhard work - but it may come in a form that we may have not anticipated at all!

2. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Sabitha,

Very well said but I didnot get the full essence of the post in a single go.
    :thumbsup
    I am short of words to describe the result of reading your writing:cheers

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Raba, will you believe me if I say this was one snippet I tried really hard to simply ?? - because of the complexity of what I was feeling I guess. And I do appreciate you taking time to read to get the essence - it means a lot to me. Thank you!

4. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Reading your posts feel the same as having a conversation with my Dad Sabitha.:) You both share the same philosophical bent and both give me big platters of food for thought. :bowdown

While I admire your perseverance in continuing with your spinning inspite of it giving you headaches and you not enjoying it as much as yoga, I also feel sad that the one that I thought of as my soul-mate has abandoned me so cruelly. And for what? Just so you can be healthy? How frivolous, dear Sabitha! :spin

The only yoga exercise that I do is when I lie down to go to sleep. I breathe in and out. That too, several times. Is there a name for that in Yoga? :wink:

Kidding aside, a truly fantastic, thought-provoking post! Posts such as these balance out the totally foolish and silly posts of mine. I am nominating this for the Finest Post for this month. :thumbsup

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

- now it is going hard for you to get rid of me :)

i wouldn't have but for those jeans...oops 'genes' I have inherited in so much abundance....so in a way I am still your friend and now there is another angle - i do think like your dad, so you say!

indeed there is :thumbsup and at the end of our practice we all are required to take that pose and you lucky you, you can do it so easily without all that workout before!!!

Thank you Meena, what can I say - I feel honored!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Nice to meet a fellow fitness freak! I spend an hour and half on treadmill and exercise bike daily besides weights, ab exercises with weights tied to my legs and a bit of yoga. But reading the word "spoinning" in the title I thought you are one of those quirky Gandhians who spent time spinning a charkha and wondered how does that become an exercise routine.

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Balajee....that is a new spin to the word "spinning" now! If one really spun with the speed with which we spin on the bike, oh imagine all that wonderful cloth coming out. Oops is that quirky Gandhian speaking :confused2:?? Weights tied to your legs....wow...why??? As long you enjoy my friend! Thank you for your feedback.

8. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

Sorry for the delayed reply.Ofcourse its a compliment dear....:clap

Thank you:thumbsup

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  9. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Sabitha,I loved this blog....First time am hearing something about this spinning....too new for me.

Ricahrd's words are very true.....

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you upavi!!

Thank you Prana, a couple of years ago, i hadn't heard either...now trying to be a pro!!! And I absolutely love Richard Bach!