1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Yet another Weightloss story....

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by crazyqueen, Apr 8, 2013.

1. crazyqueen

crazyqueen Silver IL'ite

HI ILties
    This is my 1st post in Indusladies...
    Inspired by shivachobey's blog.. " FATCHICKGOESSLIM" i wanted to post my success story...

I have been fat from the day i remember. i was fat girl while going to school..
    I was fat when i was in college...I eat eat eat.. I luv to eat..
    I luv to cook even.. Cook and eat...( i started cooking during my 10th std itself)
    Morning... Soon after my brushing I would grab a chips packet and eat it..
    Then go for breakfast.
    I stayed in hostel during my college days, where i gained most of my weight...
    (Only girl to gain weight even after eating the hostel food...: P:p:p:p)
    our gang had 10 girls... We all never go together but leave from mess together... We go as we get ready.. and I will always be the first.. So myself along with 1 or 2 of my friends will go to food court...Slowly one by one all the 10 girls will gather....

And my hostel mess always provides 2-3 varieties per meal and i would take all the 3 and start eating.
    Most of the time I will finish off my first round of food by the time the last girl arrives.. and grab some more to just accompany even though i'm full... So i keep eating till the last one finishes off while the other girls who had already finished will be chit chatting...
    This continues both in lunch and in dinner...
    Meanwhile... I need a chocolate or any sweet soon after my lunch..
    So I will always have dozens of chocolate bar in store in my cupboard...

I go home every weekend... and should you ask about it... I have all deep fried snacks all the time - (after the morning brush till before the night brush) along with the 3 meals a day.. that too yummy mom made food... and mostly it would be non-veg( I don’t get non veg in my hostel)... And could you imagine... my mom gets me snacks from whole sale shop to pack it for me for the next one week...

I had no option to wear any modern dress (not even Jeans and tops) to my college... it is always salwar kameez with the duppatta pinned on both the sides.. So never ever i had the feeling that should reduce weight...

This was my routine for 5 years... 2004 to 2009...

Now I'm back to home...

I have a younger sister... who is always thin and always wear jeans, t-shirts, skirts, capris and kind off

I'm free to wear jeans, t-shirts, leggings, kurti... (Not more than that.. not allowed in my family and no desire too)

And when i went out to purchase these dresses... Selected some and wen i wore it in the trial room...
    OMG... they were so awkward... pot tummy, huge thighs... nothing suited me...
    So i have to keep those things down and go for my usual salwar kameez...
    The alarm rang…

I got the job offer through campus interview and was waiting for the call from the company... It was a recession period in IT so i was very sure it will take minimum 6 months for the call letter...

So i had time..
    March 2009, i was 22... But was looking like a 30 year old lady...
    I drew my target line to December 28th (that is my B ’day)... and i no more wanted to weigh bulk at my 23...

I weighed 65 kgs.. My height is 150 cms... so target is 50 kgs... 15 kgs to reduce in 10 months...

The steps I took... How I managed......

to be continued...

4 people like this.

2. Onesweetlife

Onesweetlife Gold IL'ite

Cool

update awaited.

3. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Hi crazy queen... Mine is nearly same as yours... But i don't eat food.. my mother had to run behind me all the ways to feed me even till my 20yrs... but still i was fat... all of my relations used to call me as tanker,dinosaur,barrel and a lot... then when i entered into my coed college i had a severe diet i avoided rice completely then reduced 1/3 of my weight.... then for pg i joint women's college and college hostel so i dint bother anymore... When i had a gang of well eating girls company i started eating well and put more weight. For the final year i left my college hostel and joined a private hostel where food is very less than minimum like only two chapathis/dosa and a small bowl of rice. But even after i dint reduce a bit. I consulted a doctor. I was found PCOS. Now am 23 my weight is 66 height is 153cm. My parents want me to reduce 10kg because they are delaying my marriage because of this problem.. i am leaving hostel by this month end and going back my home... CrazyQueen expecting your success story and tips so that i can reduce my weight/fat to normal and get ready to marriage...

2 people like this.
  4. bhuvisrini

bhuvisrini Gold IL'ite

eager to hear from you :)

5. crazyqueen

crazyqueen Silver IL'ite

Hi Shinara,
    Sure i'l post my story soon... in 1 or 2 days... I hope u would have seen shivachobey's blog.. " FATCHICKGOESSLIM" .. that has all the essence needed to reduce weight.... IndusLadies - FatChickGoesSlim - Blogs

6. vidhya3b

vidhya3b IL Hall of Fame

Its almost like reading my story.. But just stats are different.. waiting Crazyqueen..

7. crazyqueen

crazyqueen Silver IL'ite

Yet Another weightloss story.. continued...

Check the below link for the part 1
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k...hape/213649-yet-another-weightloss-story.html

Here goes the days..
    I sweated..
    I carved..
    I controlled..

First thing i enrolled to a gym near by my house... it was very cheap too. I had to pay 500 rs as advance and 1000 Rs for annual enrollment.. that is all….
    The gym was for both the gender... and the trainer was there only for the gents, for body builders...
    For ladies... On the very first day we enroll, they will teach how to operate the machines (max for 10 min) and they won’t look back... Only thing they did was they check the weight every week.
    The machines included... air walk, twister, treadmill and stepper
    We had elliptical, twister and tread mill at my home also...
    Initially i started with one hour... of course i was damp tired by the end of 1 session and would call my home asking my sister to pick me up that she never denied even in her busy schedule(she was in 12th std where people won’t have time to eat and sleep even)
    So 1 hour work out in the morning.
    Once I’m back to home i drink lots of water after a heavy exhaust and a banana (always only poovan pazham. though banana would not put much weight, poovanpazham is the best, but tastes less)
    i’ l eat a chapatti...(chapatti made with wheat dough, ginger chili paste, salt, grated carrot, grated radish, grated beetroot, coriander leaves)... No oil at all... No oil while making the dough or while grilling it...
    Yes, it is quite difficult to eat but tastes good...
    I asked my mom to stop the servant...and yes.. there was no more servant at home..
    I would do all the cleaning, dusting and washing work all by myself...
    and evening I’ll sit on the elliptical and keep cycling for hours together as i watch TV serials along with my mom...

I prepare good amount of soups and keep in fridge (tomato soup, cauliflower soup, cabbage soup, beetroot soup, sweet corn soup, plantain steam soup, bottle gourd soup, ash gourd soup) and i would heat it and drink it as and when i feel hungry.
    The time I started during summer and i had the chance of having Watermelons..
    Yes i ate lots of watermelon... I ate watermelon whenever i feel hungry..
    Some of the foods i was eating--
    veg salad - cut various vegetables - carrot,beans,cauliflower,mushroom,capsicum,corn kernals (and whatever of ur choice). Put it in steam for 10 min or so. now in a kadai, pour as little oil as possible fry chopped onion and then add all these steamed vegetables add pepper and salt and fry for few min.
    This tastes good even when it is cold. lemon juice can also be squeezed.
    lots of horse gram - i just put in pressure pan and leave 1 or 2 whistle. take out, strain the water. add salt and lemon juice. With the remainig water i'l make Rasam and drink like soup.
    also other pulses
    Any fruits.(fruits to be avoided - mango,sapota,jackfruit - need not be avoided completely, but can be taken in with limit)
    Marie biscuit - 1 or 2 when i'm urged to have any snacks(only 1 time a day).
    I added lots of green leafy vegetables also. My mom makes keerai with paruppu kadaisal(very common in south india) and i will a bowl full just as it is or sometime times just spoon of rice for that big bowl of keerai.
    And sometimes I feast myself with some snacks too.. but just only one bite.. not more than that..
    For Eg.. When my mom plans to get puffs from bakery.. she will get only 2.. 1 for my mom, and another for my sis.. and my mom will be generous to give a bite of share from her puffs… but this happens 2 weeks once or something like that.. not too often…
    I had to fight hardly to resist my snacking habit... and yes i did it with soups and friuts but not to a very great height..
    I never gave up eating the deep fried chips soon after my brushing... That continues even now...
    But instead of half or whole pack... it is now to only 1 or 2 chips or a Marie biscuit.. I found one new biscuit "Ginger biscuit” in market last week and it is tasting great with ginger essence.. guess my Marie biscuit will soon be replaced by this ginger biscuit ...
    I was also not able to control on the sweet after my lunch also.. and that i replaced it with one small piece of groundnut chikki, or sugar coated ginger or honey amla...
    One another Bad habit was, I used to sleep as soon as my lunch hits my stomach- One more main reason for my obese. So I went for painting class from 2 to 5(I love painting!!!!!) to keep me awake.
    Since my sister was in her 12th std.. we never had chance to eat out all.. she has tutions,tests and bla bla and never gets time... This was an added advantage to me... So i also need not eat out...
    Slowly my work timings increased to 1 hour to 2 hours at gym.
    Once i'm back to home.. again i will continue the treadmill and elleptical for one more hour.
    -So rigourous 3 hours of morning work out
    -house hold works
    -By this time,my evening workouts also became rigourous.
    -I would do the elleptical for 30 min rigoursly and rest of the time cycling slowly till all the serials are over.
    I was able to handle this on all weekdays but it was hard on weekends..
    Weekends are always filled with non-veg specials...
    Initially when i started the diet, i would eat all the weekdays’ food in a single Sunday meal...
    But slowly i learnt to make it up...
    On weekends, yes, i eat more than that i eat on weekdays... But not as i did in the initial stage..
    On weekend, I go only for fruits that too mostly it will be citric fruits - orange, pine apple, mausambi, cucumber, watermelon(any one of this or a mixed one).
    I learnt to make chicken soup by this time.
    we bought a microwave oven also by this time.. so i too learnt to cook chicken in oven with less oil...
    i eat chicken soup and chicken i make along with a small chapatti for the afternoon and go with the soups at night..
    This was my routine... And I was slowly shedding my extras KGs..
    I was December 1st week... I was waiting for both my birthday... and the date of joining for my work(few of my friends already joined in November..)..
    Yes, I got the call from HR of my company... Asking me to join on 28th December... my b’day... my targeted day...
    I was in cloud nine....
    And the day came... My b’day... my date of joining in the very first job... my target date...
    I would be meeting many other friends too... i met none of my friends in this 10 months.. though i had communication thru mails, sms, orkut.. Never met or shared any photos or spoke abt my target...
    I'm weighing 54 now... (4 more KGs for the targeted weight.. that i never archived till date)
    None of my friends could believe their eyes... I was chick chick chick....
    This was December 2009...
    Stepped into white colored job..."IT"
    now
    Maintaining....
    Office going and maintaining….
    Yet another challenge... to be continued...

8. deepthijags

deepthijags Senior IL'ite

ur will power is amazing

9. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

Give us your soups recepieds

10. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

CQ its interesting and the urs results are inspiring me... sure i'll follow this dear... can you please tell me how to prepare veg soups...