1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yet another feather on our Varalotti's cap !

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Chitvish, Jun 24, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Sudha!

Thanks, Sudha for your congratulatory message. I know you are in the midst of world cup football. Being in Germany at this time is like living in Thirumala during Brahmothsavam days.
    You might have missed out on some important things on this site, but surely this is not that important.
    Thanks. Do get hold of the book, do read it and let me have your views.
    regards,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Thanks Meena For The Nice Sentiments!

Hello Meena,
    I am not going to say "thanks for your nice words" as those bunch of words have almost become my trademark. Let me just say thanks.
    I know it's a 2 in 1 mail. I just wanted to tease you and elicit another post from you wishing me.
    It doesn't exactly hurt being wished by nice souls like you. As I expected you got provoked and sent a reply immediately.
    So thank you for your nice wo... oh my God, slipping into the old habit again.
    I was talking to the publisher yesterday who told me "Sir, the Mysore Madam has ordered a copy".
    So now thanks for the kindness, Mysore Madam,
    regards,
    sridhar

3. SVS

SVS New IL'ite

Congratulations!!

Dear Sridhar Sir,

Hearty congratulations. I love reading books and I read all kinds of novels of all authors. Whenever I go to India, I get a big suitcase full of books and my brother and friend used to collect good books for me everytime. I have been talking abt you and chitra Aunty's cooking with my parents and ask their opinion too abt all your writings...I will ask them to buy a copy for me imdtly... as I have plans to visit India in the near future!!

Once again, God Bless you and give you more and more power to provide interesting, thought provoking articles!!

4. rvnachar

rvnachar Silver IL'ite

Congrats!

Dear Varalotti,

Hearty congrats on your new release! The attractive and appreciative words of Chitra tempt me to buy the book immediately. All of us experience so many things in life but only a few of us can document them in a useful manner. I am sure your book will influence many a young minds for the better! May you come out with more and more such publications! Wish you all the best!

Sudha Narasimhachar

5. varalotti

If You Want To Buy The Book Online...

Dear ILites,
    If you want to buy my book online please follow this link
    http://www.anyindian.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=2&products_id=11076

Online buying is not just restricted to persons residing outside India. It's a hassle-free buying even for those living in Chennai who may have to wade through hectic traffict to reach the publisher's office.

Packing/courier charges for despatches in Tamilnadu will be nil. For other states it will be minimal.

For those residing abroad, who may have any other questions or doubts, please pm me.
    affly
    sridhar

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

useful info

Dear Varalotti,

Thanks for this info. It is useful.

BTW, I checked out the front cover of your book. It is very eclectic. I loved the fusion of a galloping horse, winged man (a bit sci fi) , a touch of stained glass ( a bit of heaven). Promises good stuff inside, eh? So, congrats again to you and your cover designer.

Look forward to buying your book.

love & regards
    Vidya

7. varalotti

Thanks Vidya

Dear Vidya,
    the cover design has a story behind it. The assignment was first given to a popular artist who had designed the cover for my first two books. Those covers were really good.
    But this time the artist's work was not impressive. May be he was a romantic man who was more impressed by Varalotti's stories than by his advice. (Incidentally this book contains a lot of advice. So ILItes be forewarned).
    The publisher right from day one has been very jealously guarding this book of mine. That's the reason he had it sealed in cellophane before releasing to the bookshops.
    The publisher was not impressed with the artist's design. But he did not want to hurt him. So he paid him the fullmoney and then went for a much junior artiste who had all the time in the world to do the design.
    The artist's explanation for the horse is that it is a "manakkudhirai" a very popular tamil expression to convey the speed of thoughts.
    Happy you liked it and hope you will like the contents too.
    love and regards,
    varalotti

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    I have bought all the three books of Varalotti online at the www.anyindian.com It was very easy and fast too. Actually this is the first time I shopped online.
    The online bookstore is a very warm and friendly one, I had some communication with them and they were very prompt and helpful. The books are shipped free of cost inside Tamil Nadu. For other places, it varies with the place.
    Even though I reside in Chennai, I am staying around 20 kms from T.Nagar. And I do not have much business in th city. So it was difficult for me to go there, braving the heavy traffic and scorching sun, locate the shop and buy the books. This online shopping was God send and I am happy to say that I am so much releaved that I could get the books at least now and read them.
    I recommend that others also visit the site and happy book shopping.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo