1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yet another Avatar

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ramya
    You have once again come up with a gem of a response. Your words
    "Once the "School cocoon" opens up its way for the students to step into a new world of exposure to anything and every thing that cannot be under a constant vigil, the mindset is altered."
    belong to the quotable quotes category.
    This is where parental guidance assumes great importance. The transition period from the school to the college level is extremely critical. A man's future gets totally determined in this stage. In this context, I really appreciate your feedback.
    In fact, I should thank you for your input!
    Sri

2. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,

A gem of "praise worthy" and "preserve worthy" words from the "rarest of the blue Diamonds" that IL has been blessed with !! (your good self sir). Thank you very much for having generously accepted and reciprocating on what i replied. (I became overwhelmed that I read it out to my mom and dad:queen:hatsoff:spin:wink:)

Very rightly said sir!! Parental guidance must fluoresce through the genes down the order to maintain a perfect hierarchy of "disciplined genre".

Regards
    RamyaVaradharajan

3. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Respected Sir,
    I am reading this post after 4 years.........
    It is just as fresh and refreshing like our South-Indian Filter coffee.....:coffee
    Served at the right time........at right temperature.......with the right proportions and right quality of coffee ,milk and sugar.....with the right way of serving......in a Silver 'dabara-tumbler'.....steaming....and with froth.......Perfect.....!!!
    Enjoyed the post so much Sir.......:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

My dear Bhargavi
    You remind me of my Head Deepavali (Thala deepavali). The coffee was served to me exactly as you have described with my FIL standing in front of me with his 'angavastram' tied round his waist. An assortment of people stood around me and being a new entrant into the family, I could not figure out who was who. I could sight my wife standing at the corner signalling me to resist from passing any bad comment about the coffee. I said something appropriate and decent about the coffee but I am sure that my face would have betrayed my feelings!
    Sri

2 people like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Neither the Eastern nor the Western culture suggest that the new year has to be celebrated with chemical powder thrown on people nor people should be ruffed up in the streets. I felt sick in my stomach to hear about a victim in an accident being bashed by two rowdies and luckily a set of good Samaritans came to the rescue at the right time.

Nowadays, even Valentine day is becoming a big event in Tamil Nadu. The shops are selling some interesting stuff for people to present to each other. The youngsters in Tamil Nadu give TV interviews about the importance of valentine day. Where are we going with this?

Why no young one is explaining the significance of Pongal, Deepavali, Sri Rama Navami, Karthigai Deepam, Krishna Jayanthi, Shivarathiri, Christmas, Good Friday, Ramadhan, Ed or Independence Day, Republic Day, Mahatma Gandhi's birthday?

I think the people who live in Western civilization is longing for Eastern civilization and vice versa. Eastern civilization is longing for materialistic world while materialistic Western world is looking to East to get peace.

Peace is in every person, every nation and every culture and we call that as "civility".

Viswa

6. Cheeniya

Dear Viswa
    A few years back, I saw a TV coverage of our Independence Day celebrations. The TV crew went around various places interviewing college students and the public and asking questions about the leaders who spearheaded the freedom struggle. It was shocking to see a majority of those interviewed had no clue about those leaders or the incidents connected with them. I felt sad that the people who laid down their lives fighting against the British Rule so that the future generations could live free from bondage had been so completely forgotten. Those few who had some knowledge about the Cellular Jail in Andaman admitted to their knowing about it through seeing the movie of Priyadarshan 'Sirai Chalai' starring Mohanlal!

But the same guys had tons of information about 'Valentine's Day'! You have made an excellent point there!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

My dear Anna

Your posts even after 10 years will be refreshing to read. Bhargavi was saying is just as fresh as our South Indian Filter Coffee , served in silver dabara tumbler. But I think those days have gone when it was served in Davara tumbler, now I think most of the people have it in Cup and Saucer and filter coffee also many people dont have , instead they have Bru or Nescafe. I am also very fond of Filter Coffee . We buy 500 gms Coffee Powder (400 coffee powder and 100 chicory powder) and it is more tasty if it is made with first decotion and fresh milk . But your posts will give the same happiness anytime we read it. When we are feeling very low reading your posts makes us forget everything and we are back to our normal self. Thanks for entertaining us with your thought provoking post.

8. Cheeniya

My dear Viji
    When I read this FB of yours, I almost thought that it must have been something about filter coffee. Since it has been more than 5 years since I wrote it, I could recall what was my thread about. I had to go back to my OP to refresh my memory! But as you are talking about filter coffee, we'll continue with it.

You won't believe it but I continue to drink my coffee in 'davara and tumbler' and not in cup and saucer. Most of the middle class hotels also serve coffee in d and t. If you go from Chennai to Trichy by road, you can see numerous coffee shops called 'Kumbakonam Degree Coffee'. All of them serve heavenly filter coffee in , hold your breath, d and t! Tamilnadu has not moved away from the d and t culture. It is part of our cherished culture. There are still people who do not sip their coffee but pour it in their mouths from a height of at least 3 inches. Such orthodoxy is so pleasing to the eye. Cup and saucer can never replace d and t.
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

My dear Anna I also have in davara , tumbler and thooki than kudippen. Only when I was working in Office I used to have it in cup and saucer. I know cup and saucer cannot replace davara and tumbler. I know in Chennai hotels and other hotels in south they serve in dabara and tumbler.