1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yesterday - Diwali - Today

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by MULLAI62, Oct 26, 2016.

1. MULLAI62

MULLAI62 Platinum IL'ite

Yesterday Diwali
    I remember in my childhood 1 month before Diwali we will take new cloths and gave to tailors for stitching. No ready made. Then a few days before Diwali daily we have to go to tailor shop to collect the dresses.Sometimes the previous day to Diwali also we had to stand.
    Next no sweet shops those days. One week before they will start making murukku and Adhirsam. Extra means they would make poondhi. No instant gulab jabun.
    Next Diwali means like marriage. The whole street children together playing, talking according to their ages.
    Next Crackers. It has to be divided into 5 parts or 6 parts. It has to be divided equally. Some times fights, crying etc.,
    Then till 10pm or 1am we will wait for our uncle who will bring crackers for his share.
    Nobody will wake up except me who would collect more .
    Then will get up at 4am. All dresses should be kept in front of GOD. Our grandmother do puja and then give the dresses. We wil take oil bath then dresses.
    One bomb will be kept after done pooja. Its sentiment.
    Everyone from the family together in one place.
    Then afternoon Diwali release cinema with our street friends family.
    Very nice. Unforgettable remembrances.
    Today Diwali
    Diwali is an another chance to get new dresses. No problem. The day before Diwali day we can get dresses from ready made shops.
    Sweets we could collect from sweet shops.
    Crackers I could not hear the sound of burning. Here and there the previous day and on Diwali day.
    No get together. No leave. Can not take leave. I can not travel I have to take rest. These are the reasons.
    As usual we are getting up. Sometimes I do not have interest to wear new dresses.

I love Yesterday Diwali. Everyone it varies but mostly I could see only this.

2. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

true i miss deepavali which i celebrated 6 yrs back but i like this one too as we get together share our months of fun without any fight and have food take rest as much as we can 24x7 chat with parents and sis family is also kind of fun

vaidehi71 likes this.
  3. meepre

meepre Gold IL'ite

Very truely narrated.I miss the diwali that I celebrated during my childhood in joint family. I was like a grand festival. Loved the smell of sweets, savories, feast food and crackers all combined into a different aroma. The smell was enough to get us into the festive mood. Visiting houses without asking prior permission or getting guests in home with any advance preparation for them. Festive mood stays for more than a week. Those diwali was actually called celebration. Today its just another holiday. No excitement in buying new dress. It had become resting day.