Yes dear !

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Jpatma, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

wonderful writeup.I was thinking this happens only in my house.My husband also behave like that.Now I have started taking revenge on him.I would switch on my pocket radio in the kitchen and tune to all fm while cooking.He is simply defeated and agreed to sign on a caesefire treaty

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jeya,
    humorous queen of IL! Another hilarious post from you !!I
    am still:rotfl. By writing this you have made a platform for all of us to share our experiences. Here comes mine. I trie dancing likeSilk Smita, singing like Latha , but all in vain. So one day I shouted " what do you find there than seeing me?" Pat came the reply " I find them more attractive than you". You may wonder" what is there in it? He was watching " Discovery Channel ".:rantHe is the fan of that channel!!!!
    So nowadays, when he is not paying heed to my words, I will go to my room, like Julie Andrews I will begin to sing "When the bee stings,when DH is deaf to my words I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel soooooo bad!!!! ( Please sing this like her). Enjoyed very much.
    with love
    pad

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,

U blog less, but whenever u do, u come out with a hilarious superhit.And this follows the trend.

What u said is perfect.But i will tell u, the women timing of talking is wrong.When i am watching a cricket match, how would i listen to harsha sayign, Gas is over, kindly book a new one?

I tell her, these mundane things write down in my diary.And tomm first thing when ir each office my office boy will go get yr bag handle repaired, the gas booked, or whatever u want.Simple and straight.

They must study their man well.The best time i am ready to listen, is when i sit with my drinks at 9 pm, and take the first sip, u can ask for my head, and i shall readlly give it to u.

Neetu Singh used to complain when Rishi Kapoor used to drink 6 drinsk after coming from work.Then when he started to follow Sabrimala, where he had to abstain from her and everything, he used to come home, eat his food, an go off to sleep on the floor, at 9 pm, not touching or talking to her.

Thjat time she complained, that he is better off drinking , for after a couple go downm, he starts to talk, laugh joke, and which herione flirted with him etc.:biglaugh

So u see Jaya timing is important to get a man's attention, and that can work to yr advantage too,

Suppose he is busy watching a football.cricket/baseball match, u can blackmail him, darling i want to buy that 1 lakh phone, and he will say ok allright, and u go buy, which otherwise he would not have given u the permission, so dont crib u ladies, and take advantage of yr husbands preoccuptation and go buy and splurge, and then later tell him, that u said yes when i asked u, u were watching the match:biglaugh:rotfl

Match set and point to me Jaya !!!

4. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Jaya-san:

If you keep writing this well, all the men in the world will be accessing IL just to read you. It'll make your dh a little envious I suspect. I wager a reasonable sum that you will turn into one of the most read writers in this site.

I want to nominate this one too. Too good.

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Jaya

I never knew you had in you this streak of Edgar Allen Poe! This is really hybrid horror story. I mean that scene that you have so gleefully painted made me really faint in sheer fright! I refer to the scene in which Mike Tyson calling me from the bedroom to switch off the TV and come to bed. Had it been a call to come and have lunch or to have a bath, it would have been less frightening!

You may have heard of the ultrasonic rodent repellent. They create a sound which is not audible to human ear but deadly for rats. You must see the rats shivering with terror the moment the gadget is switched on and running away as fast as they can. God has made men selectively deaf to female voice with a purpose. If he is able to hear everything his life partner says, most of the marriages would be on the rock! May men become deafer and speak fewer words. May the ultrasonic decibel levels of their consorts bounce off their ear drums. May eternal peace reign supreme in the marital bliss of every human life!

Sri

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Yes dear, we are listening.
    When children at home don't listen, I usually tell them, to whom you would listen, I shall call them to talk to you..
    Seems that works with our better half too.
    Maybe from now on..let us launch a mimickry show in our house, whenever it is necessary..:thumbsup

sriniketan

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,

When you write, you do go ahead and write a big smile on all our faces!

Yes dear
    , I am not fibbing, its true.:) I am always smiling while reading and after reading your blogs. That does not mean that you have not made me cry once or twice. Goes to show that you do with aplomb whatever it is that you have set out to do!

As for the hubby on the couch in front of TV and not listening...old story. I mean, in my house!! It is so ancient that it is a story of the bygone days now. Today, the scenario is quite different. Well, we do learn from each other, don't we? Atleast, I do! Now a days, it is me who is in front of TV or the monitor and hardly listen to what he says!! And like someone else here, I too am no good at multitasking.

So, these days, we seem to be even more compatible than ever before! If he yes dears me, I am also yes dearing him...!! (dearing ?!?%#!!)

And why not, I learnt from him, after all...:)

And do visit the FP forum Jaya, you will be thrilled to see how the eminence is queuing up to nominate you! Congrats friend!

L, Kamla

8. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear, dear Jay,
    I have been waiting in the queue, ever since you posted yesterday, to reply you.
    Now, the “great Trinity” have posted. Super-duper member(s) also has(ve). So, now I will start my ranting!!
    You write
    The chief complaint is that men just don’t listen!
    I don’t agree – they listen only too well, but don’t ‘seemingly’ listen.
    ‘Yes dear” is the general answer, Jay?? No, not for poor me! :-(
    Its’ always, silence, followed by silence….. it goes on endlessly. Then I go near & shout, ‘ did you hear me at all?”. The blank look on his face will be followed by, ‘ I thought the plane is flying right above our house’!
    At times, there will be a milder statement ’Why is the crow crying endlessly today??”. Jay dear, so much for our marital bliss.:)
    As women, our survival instinct is so strong, why bother at all?? This is an opportunity for us to become more & more independent as individuals. Our home is now a place where two independent individuals are living together, but dependently. Are you confused?? Well, so am I!!
    If the Great Man writes
    God has made men selectively deaf to female voice with a purpose,
    little has he realized that we are given the ability by God, to defeat the purpose and have the final say!!
    Write lots & lots more, Jay!! Everybody has a way with words, but only you have with ideas!:thumbsup
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi jaya
    :)Hey so much true, I think for almost all married couples of few years & it increases with pasing of years . middle age is one when we tell any thing to our spouse response is always yes or huah,Ha Or just silence .
    It changes with old age with surey some % loss of hearing both of them would listen.
    @ our home 99 % time I am the one to close the main gate otherwise chances of it being open all night are very high.

10. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

Where have you been Chithra Madam? I missed you all the time, all the while.. What little wisdom I had was lost without you..Glad I found you at last!
    Love
    Moni