Yellow stone

Discussion in 'Travel' started by mitsviki, Jun 5, 2008.

1. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Thank you pmahensa for your prompt reply.

2. niyarun

niyarun New IL'ite

I too want to yellow stone ....on july 1st week...only 4 days...but we want to combine yellow stone and grand teton national park. i'm from seattle...we are confused...whether to drive from here...or we have to take flight.if we take flight,to where we have to fly...we dont know.......we also want back in 4 days itself....can anyone help me......i dont know what to do..

3. niyarun

niyarun New IL'ite

any new information in yellowstone...what all places we have to visit in yellowstone??

4. lifeisbeautiful

lifeisbeautiful New IL'ite

One of the best National Parks! You will have a great time!
    Yes, road is inthe shape of an 8 - start anywhere -s outh side is where we started. You can squeeze it in one day - all imp sights! DO stop at "Old faithful" to see it blow - its the best part. Rest is also wonderful to see- see the hot springs & the sulphue springs, also the mud-pots & fumaroles. Calcified area is also intesting.
    Yellowstone is better them Grand Teton.
    You might see a grizzly bear & wolf if you're lucky, but go to see the geysers. Yellowstone has the most features of geothermal area. Its the best!
    Yes, you need to check about road openings from National Park Service - Experience Your America

5. sharwood

sharwood New IL'ite

Am so glad to know about all these places, in fact I have no hesitation in admitting that I was never aware of the Yellow stone or the other places you all are talking about here, in one way I am feeling good that my desire to be the member of a travel community has paid off else I would have never expected to get these info. There are so many choices available now for me to plan my travel destinations.

6. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Usha, what do you mean that some of the roads may not open? In that case, we cant visit there by june last week or July first week?

7. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Ami

We wanted to go there during spring break. When I called to find out about the weather conditions,I was told that the roads would be better accessible after July, so we ended up going in August.
    You can get more information in the following site

nps.gov

8. mitsviki

mitsviki Senior IL'ite

hi all

i never saw this thread until ami asked me...

we drove from SLC 6 hrs to a cabin actually outside YS....

sorry guys i would say follow NPS.GOV and tehy preety accurate...