YELAGIRI!!!!!!...need some information

Discussion in 'Travel' started by swaran, May 5, 2011.

1. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

2. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Thanks swaran for starting this thread !
    I got so much valuable information reading from brahan, chotabheem, soniye.....thanks to u too ladies !!

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot for all the information dear latha...will sure look into it...

thanks for your appreciation ...... :)

4. mullai

mullai Senior IL'ite

yesterday i saw some parasailing event in yelagiri (sun tv) might be of some interest check it out!

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks dear mullai!!!!..will check out

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

hi...one more information required...is there enough cab facilities like we could go there and book for sighseeing or we need to book from jolarpet(if we plan to go by train)

7. Kalanandakumar

Kalanandakumar Silver IL'ite

Hello Swaran,

Me along with my DH visited this place 2 years ago.
    Weekends should be the ideal time to visit. if you can stay for a night you can cover all the places and also relax.

We stayed in a resort called O'NILA... which is moderate... we did not face any issues staying there.... but not too posh..

Not too sure about the cab facilities as we used our own transport... but its better you are sure on this from the resort if u are planning to book for one.. i am sure they will arrange it for you....

It is a good place for relaxing... the places of attraction are
    Jalagamparai Falls
    alagamparai waterfalls stay to be in the valley region downhill and are at little distance away from the Yeligiri. It's a beautiful place to be there and the experience is worth remembering. Waterfall's view is best in the days of November to February as they are fully loaded with water but the waterfall is little dry in the times of summers.
    Punganoor Lake
    It is a man made lake which is created artificially so as to enhance the beauty of the place and attract the tourists so as to have better place for the people to visit and keep the life going as several people here rely on it for livelihood as it has been a tourist junction for years together. The periphery of the lake is around 57 sq meters and is a best place for boating and rowing.
    Swamimalai Hills popular
    Swami malai hills are the hills in the form of cake with a strong base at the bottom and high peak of the hills just tend to touch the sky. The highest of its peak is about 4338 meters from the ground level and people love climbing the great heights at a stretch.
    Velavan Temple
    Velavan temple was constructed in the memory of Lord Murugan and is located on the tip of the mountains of yelagiri. It is a best view point to have a look at the wonderful large plains lying beneath from the top of the mountain. The temple bells ringing on the top of the mountain helps keep life going and maintains the essence of culture live upright even these days.
    Jalagandeeswarar Temple
    Jalagandeeswarar Temple stays in the womb of Vellore Fort, which by itself is a fine place to visit. It has the mythological back ground of history underneath and a great working story cultivating the trust of people even today. The place has great sculptures encarved from stone and which depict the live spirit of the god within. It is a great piece of craftsmanship and has several sculptures which are indeed a masterpiece.

Hope this information is helpful for you......
    Have a nice holiday and do share some of your nice experience after coming back.....

You help me refresh my memories...
    Feels nostalgic...

Love - Kala

8. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

thanks for this thread Swaran and lots informations have arrived.

thanks to kala and all other friends who shared information about yelagiri

9. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

wow...thanks a lot kala for the detailed information....that would be surely useful for me...
    even i want to just stay for a day and enjoy the trip...lets see how time permits...:)
    thanks again

10. Special

Special Silver IL'ite

I recently went to yelagiri...Many hav given detais regarding the place...
    To add my points-
    Its ideal for one day trip but going uphill/ downhill after 6 pm s not tht safe..If u go on saturday before 5 pm to yelagiri,u can start back on sunday around 5 pm back to blore..
    Check out resort for check in and check out time to plan accordingly..
    People travelling from bangalore wont feel that much difference in climate but nights were much colder than here..
    There is nothing much to see there- park and boating..( musical fountain at 7 pm daily in park),trekking for people intrested in that..
    Jalagamparai falls is almost near thirupathur,so we can see that seperately..
    It took 3 and 1/2 hours for us to reach yelagiri hills ...the hairpin bends are not too difficult to drive...
    U can take taxi or share auto to reach yelagiri from jolarpettai if u take train from bangalore..

Wish u a happy journey :)

1 person likes this.