Years ago............

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Arunarc, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

<TABLE id=table10 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#ffcc00 width="90%" border=2><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid" borderColor=#ffffff bgColor=#ffffff>
    [​IMG]

<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid" borderColor=#ffffff bgColor=#ffffff><TABLE id=table11 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TD id=INCREDITEXTREGION style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; CURSOR: auto; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" width="100%"><TABLE id=table12 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TD id=mod_EDITEXTREGION style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" width="100%">

Years ago, a farmer owned land along the Atlantic seacoast.
    <O></O>
    He constantly advertised for hired hands. Most people were<O></O>
    reluctant to work on farms along the <ST1>Atlantic</ST1>. They dreaded the<O></O>
    awful storms that raged across the <ST1>Atlantic</ST1>, wreaking havocon the buildings and crops.<O></O>
    <O></O>
    As the farmer interviewed applicants for the job, he received<O></O>
    A steady stream of refusals.

Finally, a short, thin man, well past middle age, approached
    <O></O>
    the farmer. "Are you a good farm hand?" the farmer asked him.<O></O>
    <O></O>
    "Well, I can sleep when the wind blows," answered the little man.

Although puzzled by this answer, the farmer, desperate for help,
    <O></O>
    Hired him. The little man worked well around the farm, busy from<O></O>
    dawn to dusk, and the farmer felt satisfied with the man's work.<O></O>
    <O></O>
    Then one night the wind howled loudly in from offshore.<O></O>
    Jumping out of bed, the farmer grabbed a lantern and rushed<O></O>
    next door to the hired hand's sleeping quarters. He shook the<O></O>
    little man and yelled, "Get up! A storm is coming!<O></O>
    Tie things down before they blow away!"<O></O>
    <O></O>
    The little man rolled over in bed and said firmly, "No <O></O>
    sir. I told you, I can sleep when the wind blows."

Enraged by the response, the farmer was tempted to fire him on
    <O></O>
    the spot. Instead, he hurried outside to prepare for the storm.<O></O>
    <O></O>
    To his amazement, he discovered that all of the haystacks had<O></O>
    been covered with tarpaulins. The cows were in the barn, the chickens <O></O>
    were in the coops, and the doors were barred.<O></O>
    The shutters were tightly secured. Everything was tied down.<O></O>

Nothing could blow away. The farmer then understood what his
    <O></O>
    hired hand meant, so he returned to his bed to also sleep while<O></O>
    the wind blew.<O>​

[​IMG]
    </O>
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][COLOR=#006600][COLOR=#006600][FONT=Arial]When you're prepared, spiritually, mentally, and physically,[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]<O></O>​

[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][COLOR=#006600][COLOR=#006600][FONT=Arial]you have nothing to fear. Can you sleep when the[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]<O></O>[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][COLOR=#006600][COLOR=#006600][FONT=Arial]wind blows through your life?[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]<O></O>[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black]<O></O>[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][COLOR=#006600][COLOR=#006600][FONT=Arial]The hired hand in the story was able to sleep because [COLOR=#008000]he[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]<O></O>[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=#000066][FONT=Arial]had secured the farm against the storm.[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]<O></O>[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black]<O></O>[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][COLOR=#006600][COLOR=#006600][FONT=Arial]We secure ourselves against the storms of life by[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=black][COLOR=black]<O></O>[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][COLOR=#006600][COLOR=#006600][FONT=Arial]grounding ourselves in the Word of God.[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]<O></O>[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][COLOR=#006600][COLOR=#006600][FONT=Arial]We don't need to understand, we just need to hold[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]<O></O>[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][COLOR=#006600][COLOR=#006600][FONT=Arial]His hand to have peace in the middle of storms.[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]<O></O>[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#006600][/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][COLOR=#006600]
    [SIZE=4][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#008000]A friend of mine sent this to me today,[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]<O></O>

[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][COLOR=#006600][COLOR=#006600][FONT=Arial]and I enjoyed it so much, that I wanted to send it to you.[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]<O></O>[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=4][COLOR=#006600][COLOR=#006600][FONT=Arial]I hope you enjoy your day and you sleep well.[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

<O>
    [​IMG]

2. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

hi Aruna,

A good poem. Thanks for posting.

3. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Hi

A very nice one..thanks for sharing it..

4. vidyasundar

vidyasundar Bronze IL'ite

:iagree nice post thanks for sharing it

5. Sashmitaa

Sashmitaa Senior IL'ite