1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yash Chopra gone crazzzyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by sonu_627, Feb 7, 2006.

1. sonu_627

sonu_627 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Last week i saw Neal N Nikki .... it was just too bad to be a yash chopra film. i never expect him to produce such a waste. no story , no culture just a waste of money.

How can they expect us to watch such a jerk film in big screen n spend bucks in it...

Even i dint like his past movies also like Veer Zaara, Mere yaar ki shaadi hai, Mohabbatein, Mujshe Dosti karoge... mostly all of his films.

What u all say do u agree with me???

2. Shal

Shal Senior IL'ite

Not all movies Sonu...

Hi Sonu,

Whilst I 'may' agree with you abt Neal n Nikki(havent seen it, so cant be totally sure) being a fiasco, I beg to differ with your view on other movies such as Veer Zaara, Mujhse Dosti Karoge and Mohabbatein. All of the three are out and out romantic movies and have Yash Chopra's stamp on each of them!

The movies these days definitely do not have that Yash Chopra style totally, but you would agree with me that since Aditya started directing himself(starting DDLJ), the typical Yash Chopra movie could not be seen, but I definitely appreciate Aditya's efforts for he gets Indian culture and blends that into the newest trends and fashion. All three of the above mentioned movies show familial ties, their importance and respect for elders. At the same, they have the latest fashion and trends showing in the clothes.

Love-
    Shal

3. sonu_627

sonu_627 Silver IL'ite

logically no sense

Hi shal,

May be u r right in ur views but personally i dint like any film after DDLG they produced or directed. Because none of above movies have logic. And only because of these movies getting blind viewership young generations in India are getting more n more crazy behind these fashion culture.I dont say what they are showing it totally wrong but it had bitter side also.

In Salaam Namaste they had shown living relationship in Melbourne... after that girls in Mumbai also demanding to study abroad n stay alone there...Its not so easy staying alone anywhere and everyone is not so lucky how they show in their films...

In all the movies they show lavish designer clothes in each n every scenes but its only a silent adverstisement of fashion designers for their product. Ya ofcourse these clothes are in demand after showing in these films.

They always show lavish parties songs, huge weddings, huge functions totally high rich community people.But did they ever made any Middle class family film with all reality???

They never come up with their circle of fashion designers, out door locations, false stories and ofcz stories copying from english movies.

Salaam Namaste taken from 9 months and Mere yaar ki shaai hai from My best friend's wedding

I dont know how many would agree with me ... but I am totally against of such illogical things.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  4. Jasmine

Jasmine New IL'ite

I love Yash Chopra films

The choice of films always depend on your taste. Yash Chopra's films have mostly shown their characters rich and wealthy. You can take example of your favourate film DDLJ or any other his film. Veer Zara and Mohabbatein were classic films and were superhit films. Why do you forget Bunty aur Babli, that film is also liked by masses with beautiful music. I liked the film Slaam Namaste.

Dear Sonu, you need to bit spice up to change your taste to like Yash Chopra films. I simply love them.

5. Chatter

Chatter New IL'ite

Good kissing scenes in Neal N Nikki

I agree that Neal N Nikki didn't have a good story lineup. But I liked the bold scenes and 21 kisses given by Tanisha and Uday Chopra. That's what glued me to the screen. Who cares for the story...eh!

6. Soniya

Soniya New IL'ite

The beauty of Yash Chopra

I won't agree that most of Yash Chopra films didn't do well after Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge. Do you remember Dil To Paagal Hai? Wasn't that a good film after DDLJ? What I like in Yash Chopra films is his style of portrayal of women on the screen. Take any of his film Kabhi Kabi, Silsila, Chandni, Lamhe, Dilwale Dulhania Lejayenge, Dil To Pagal Hai etc. All the heroines look very beautiful.

Don't you agree?

7. Chandni

Chandni New IL'ite

Dhoom was also a Yash Chopra production...onbody mentioned it! That was also a good movie and not heroine-oriented. It was an action movie and did good on box office. They are now making Dhoom-2 also as a sequel after the success of Dhoom! Yash ji still has his magic alive.