Xth exams too highly rated?

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by rrpani, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanthi ma'am

You make me envy you on reading your words. What an exact school life you have got!! Even i saw the same kind of dedication in teachers n in higher officials when i was in S.B.O.A, Madurai. In Prince teachers work tirelessly. But they cant be blamed, for the Big Head will surely sack them if they dont act according to his well defined rules. Glad to know that you can even now write hindi very well. This shows your commitment too towards your studies during your school days ma'am.

Ya i saw your photo after reading your reply here..Feel like i have also seen you somewhere..Must be where if not in this locality..Waiting to meet you soon in person during our next IL meet ma'am..

Love
    Meena

2. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear most Shanthi ma'am,

Very well said. Teachers play a vital role in deciding the fate of a country. They handle the tiny tots and what ever they sow in the young minds will be the yield after a decade or two ! Molding a clay is the crucial stage. Once its molded to a desired shape and size, colors and paints can be applied for further beauty and decoration. But if the mold is improper, how ever good the paint and colors are, foundation still remain to be very weak thereby spoiling the external beauty too !

Such is the case of youngsters today. They can rock on the platform of success only when they are provided with one!!

Regards
    RamyaVaradharajan

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Meena,

When you love to do something, the comittment automatically sets in.
    see how you and ramya are now writing in IL that is because you have now come to love the forum:queen.

We will definitely meet...

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ramya,

Definitely Teachers pay a very vital role. this is a very small incident, that happened with my kids. both of them were learning drawing. my son is younger by 3 years.than my daughter..but because of their height, they look more like they are twins..my daughter draws well. and my son also draws well it is more like characters and scenes out of his imagination, and the strokes will not be confident..but it was ok for his age. the master told him, you are useless, you cannot draw well, you look at your sister how she draws...that was the end of his drawing classes..and even till date he comes and tells me i am useless, i cannot draw...a snide/careless remark from a teacher hurts a child and scars them for life...as parents we can rectify to a certain extent..but how to make the teachers rectify their mistake..

then there is the incident i would have mentioned in one of the posts long long ago. a teacher, said he is fit for nothing, to a 9th standard boy and also wrote the hurtful comments on his answer sheet..the boy committed suicide...

The kids are pushed and squeezed from all sides...

Will be back.................:coffee

5. rrpani

rrpani New IL'ite

Dear all,
    This was my first time on IL forum and THANK YOU all -it was heartening to find so many people offering me support.Today early in the morning after just a cup of tea Iam feeling like sitting and reading your views-"BHAAD ME DO GHAR KA KAAM"(Read in Himdi).
    I agree it is the teachers and parents who put the pressure.You know till Xth I had never worried about their percentages-My main point used to be you have to study well before your exams and marks didn't matter that much.But now Iam worried because my kid may not get into the college of her choice-its like you feel bad for them.And my sister is always telling me let it be -she'll learn to tackle anything -the ups and downs but still yaar BLOOD is THICKER than WATER esp. your KID'S!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THANKS ALL.

6. RamyaVaradharajan

Dear most Shanthi ma'am,

Really shocking to read your post on how the so-called teacher behaved to your little son. Yes, very true were your words ma'am. Kids are left with such great impact from their school end since they spend most of the time there. When schools do not even lay out a right and apt methodology to mold the kids, how can they be addressed as a "second home" ?? Neither the teachers behave so, nor do the kids feel at home. Teachers cannot be blamed at times when it is the management that plays a crucial role. Only a handful of the staff come with a "service minded" attitude, others needless to say. One such example is the mushrooming of colleges street to street (now-a-days) where standard and quality education is lacking. Even education is tagged with the commercial factor. Really hurting when i extend my vision to see the future generation of ours ma'am.

At least we should never fail to impart quality education and behavioral notes to those we can. If we are of some use to the society, i think our life would have attained its purpose.

Regards
    RamyaVaradharajan

7. RamyaVaradharajan

Dear rrpani ma'am, a very warm welcome to you and am sure you will be one among our IL family:queen:cheers !!

Yes ma'am very true. When someone in our own house steps into the ocean of X or XII, the whole scenario changes. Right from the pot that decorates the home to the maid who serves us, become serious and the kids are pushed into their rooms with a huge pile of books on their table giving a monstrous look (as one add strikes me- I guess thats for complan or horlics, not sure).

Students must be taught with utmost patience and when guided in the right track they become "clay" that can absorb the most !! Why to pressure them on the day before exam or even the whole year around? According to me, that one year of stress and strain should be equally proportionated in all the standards right from LKG. This way the kids will adapt a fun way to learn.

Regards
    RamyaVaradharajan

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

rrpani,

I can understand what you are going through and also understand your feelings. what i would say, ask her to do well rest, will follow. let her give her 100%. you don't be worried and stressed, it will affect her, both studies and confidence level.just tell her you are there..and are confident she can perform well..the approach makes a lot of difference......though what your sister says is true, as a mother, that fear,tension will be there....

all the best to your daughter....take care.

9. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanthi ma'am, rrpani ma'am n Janani

Nice to read your views..Think we can take a print out of all that we have written here and paste it on the notice board of all schools so that not only teachers but even parents get a chance of reading all that. But why to struggle that much when there is an easy way out. We can pray God with a pure heart to make everyone realize 'Life Itself Is A Learning Process And It Never Stops Immediately After 10th or 12th'..Am sure we will see a better India soon..

Love
    Meena