1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Writing in paper has become less now

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Apr 19, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi

Ya if we make a list only we can buy all the things otherwise we may tend to forget something. Ya typing everything we have forgot about writing.
    Otherwise during school days we used to be very particular abour our handwriting

love
    viji

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nats

True we cant understand a Doctor's handwriting. They just scribble. As you say only their pharmacist will understand. Me and my sister also used to exchange long letters earlier. Now we talk on phone, no patience to write letters.

viji

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Custard, Sandhya and Yamini

Thanks for your fb .

love
    viji

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sara

Glad to see you here. Ya there are some advatages. Thank you for sharing your views. I also recall those school days when we used to have competition whose writing is the best. Good to know your parents signature are still the same

love
    viji

5. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Viji

Though writing with pen on paper is becoming outdated, kids in school are made to fill workbooks and doublelined note books with capital and cursive writing ! When my son sits and fills the sheets so sincerely, sticking out his tongue while guiding the pencil carefully, I often think what a waste of energy ! Because, by the time he grows up, paper writing would have become obsolete.

Re: signatures becoming different, my mother was summoned to the bank recently to testify that a sign on a cheque was really hers because the specimen signature they had was 28 years old and the " r " looked totally different. So they got a new specimen card made .

6. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Viji Aunty!

A nice thread again. Yes I too feel the opportunity to write has reduced for which I have always felt. Don't think I often boast about myself - but this one I have to, definitely. Yes, many fall for my handwriting. At home too, whether it is personal or something official (related to my DH), DH would insist that I should write - earlier his TA bills / IT calculation etc.

At office, whenever any memento is presented to anyone, it is always me who is made to write. Likewise certificates - and they call me official writer of our office. Last week also our niece from Chicago suddenly sent me a mail asking me to scan my handwriting and send to her to show it to her children and DH. children are in early years of schooling so she wants to show this and motivate them to write better she said. I thought this is something crazy.

Now because the mode of communication has changed, there is no chance to write letters also. otherwise my letters used to carry smilies and wear a pictorial look which my friends and relatives used to enjoy. My DD too writes very cute. Son writes neatly but not cursive. Always cursive writings look very cute.

Sorry! as usual a long post!!!!! Verbally i cannot cut short my tounge and on the key board i cannot cut short my fingers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biglaugh

7. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Viji ma

At one point in time I also used to love to write. I mean actually write with a pen. Nothing to beat hand written letters (not matter how bad the handwriting is!). Ippo keyboard use panni panni fingers are giving away and can't hold the pen in my hands for a long time. I wonder how I used to write the exams for 3 hours back then. We have become really lazy. So much that people even wait for 2 months or more and still waiting to reply!! The old charm is lost. Personal touch is gone. I miss the old inland covers and aerogrammes that I used to write on when staying in the hostel. It used to be such a delight to see that blue envelope on my table, waiting to be opened and read. I used to make sure every nook and corner of that piece of blue paper was used up to write. Ippo, even a one liner seems hard to come by!

8. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

So true viji ma..
    writing on paper is definitely going to be a thing from passe soon...my hubby loves tow rite yet and keeps buying pens of all sorts... but he has such good handwriting... My father-in-law used to write letters and postcards to his relatives till recently.. his handwriting was like print... My son also has good handwriting but makes no effort.. infact loves to scribble and spoil them...
    I have bad handwritting so am really glad for M.S. word!!!:hide:
    Kerman

9. Aarthibhuvan

Aarthibhuvan Senior IL'ite

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lakshmi

True children still write with pen till they finish their studies. But later it becomes less. Some signatures change. I am finding difficult to sign the same always , my last letters yer does not come properly

love
    viji