1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Writing in paper has become less now

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Apr 19, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Earlier we used to write so much now after the computers have come writing has become less and now after sixty plus I have no patience to write any letters and my signature also does not come properly. My husband was saying as you age the signature differs.

Earlier when the writing was not good elders used to say it is like your thalai ezhuthu means like your fate. They say by the writing we can find out what type of a person she or he is. But now a days through the mails we exchange and the posts written by others we are able to find about the person. By their writings and the way they narrate we get attached to them and praise them. Not necessary to see their writings. Sometimes reading their posts we feel like meeting them and we have a figure of the person in our mind. sometimes they are the same and sometimes they differ.

2. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

Hi Viji,
    Yes, very true indeed! People write less and less on paper these days. With PC and ipods and all the fancy gadgets, paper goods don't get much use.
    But I still like to send paper cards and thank you notes to friends and family. I personally think it gives the person receiving a piece of mail from loved ones gets apppreciated. I love opening my mail box to see cards/letters.

Thanks,
    OOPALL!:)

3. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Viji Ma,

It's very true that the writing habbit has reduced to a great extent.

A friend of mine recently wrote to me & she had taken over 2 months to write that letter to me. :) I will write about that in the snippets one day.

Now I want to reciprovate the same by writing and it is overr 2 months and I haven't even started writing. She is better off than me. :)

It's a great feeling to receive & write but the habbit has become a rarity.

Don't ask me to comment on her hand writing - she will throw the pens once & for all if I do comment about it.

What do you say about the doctors Viji Ma?

Their hand writing even they can't understand except a poor pharmacist.

But their stars are good. So can wee relate a hand writing to a persons' success?

4. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

Penmaship along with paper has become a rarity. I remember when we were taught how to write in upper case(CAPITALS) and lower case, proper grammer...the list goes on!! If you look at some hand writings, its a mixture of anything goes. Now days the use of text messaging had reduced the words to acronyms....gosh wonder if people can still spell correctly. shakehead

OOPALL!

5. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

:yes: very true!!!

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

very true viji.even when i make my shopping list( nowadays i have to, otherwise half the things will be forgotten) i am apalled at my handwriting .it was never very good but now really BAD.:) I blame it on the keyboard only..

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  7. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

Its really true aunty... we used to do many things, like maintaining address dairy, telephone index writing for one reason or the other.... but now a days we use the digital way like keyboard, even mobiles so writing is forgotten.....

8. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

yes viji ma what you say is exactly right!!!
    developments in science has made people lazy only!!
    but dear ones writings even in computers make us feel them!!
    very well said!!!
    :thumbsup

9. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

A nice one Viji mam! :)

Yes with the advent of computers the writing on paper has reduced.

There are some advantages of this too

There is no problem of reading crooked hand writings. No error would occur in pharmacies. Storage of data is more secure ( password locks), also we save nature by using less of paper and those that are very necessarily required needs a paper document.

computer typing with spell checks has made work and life simple for many an individual!!!

But I am always happy to recall those olden days where in we used to compete in presenting our answer papers better with diagrams with coloured pens and pencils, outlines, highlighting and competing to get a batter hand writing.

After you wrote about signature - I now notice - touch wood my mom and dad especially ( aged 68) has a signature that is the same like a postage stamp for years since i remember!Where as mine has taken different shapes and forms in the past 12 years since i started using a signature!

10. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Oopall

True something given in writing by us makes the other person feel good. Good to know you still send paper cards and thank you notes.

When wewere studying me and my friend used to make greetings cards ourselves and also make a book of thoughts or our experiences and give to each other for birthdays. Now so much patience is not there.

love
    viji