Wrapping saree around the tummy after pregnancy will it help to get back in shape?

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by sapthu02, Nov 7, 2013.

1. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Hello,

I am due for my second child in Dec 2013. It is going to be a preplanned C section. I havent tied any saree / wrapped them around my tummy for the first child and I still did have a projected tummy.

I have heard that wrapping saree around tummy will help post pregnancy. I never had a malishwali come home the first delivery. Now found a malishwali who will come home for 30 days. she will come and malish baby and me, bathe us and also wrap the saree around my tummy and leave it and go and will come and remove only the next day when she comes over.

I just wanted to know will it help getting tummy back to shape. If so will only the tummy that I gained for second pregnancy or will i get back the shape before my first pregnancy.

Please provide your inputs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. peeks

peeks Gold IL'ite

Re: Wrapping saree around the tummy after pregnancy will it help to get back in shape

I believe they do sell a special belt..wrap ....for post pregnancy to push the stomach back in...not saree, something stronger ...available in Mumbai for sure. My cousin used it.

3. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Re: Wrapping saree around the tummy after pregnancy will it help to get back in shape

thanks Peeks.. but did it help to get the tummy back to shape. How long should we use it in a day and sud we sleep with it?

4. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Yes it does. My sister did it after her kids and she didn't have any pooch left over. Point is it works.Good Luck.

5. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

thanks Chocolate.. gives a relief!

6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Not sure! After my first normal delivery, yes it helped a lot! After my secodn(c-section), it did go down but I still have some flab left over. No harm in doing it though. My SIL had her first baby right before I had my second and she decided not to do the oil massage/tummy binding and told me it was all a myth and that she was going to exercise and get rid of the post partum pooch, but guess what, a year later she regretted it because compared to me she had a lot of flab. So try it, later on dont feel bad that you didn't try but don't get disappointed if it doesn't do it's job.

7. Khanaksmom

Khanaksmom Silver IL'ite

Hey Congratulations first of all!!

My 1st delivery was a C - section. I had a lady give me nice oil massage and I also tied a cotton saree around my tummy for atleast a month (I don't remember if it was for more than that). It gave support to my waist and back while feeding etc. also it helped me getting a near flat stomach.
    BUT this will not guarantee a completely flat stomach unless one gets back to exercise once the doctor permits.
    If it doesn't help you it will definitely not harm you. So I highly recommend it. There are plenty of belts available in the stores these days for this purpose... this is a less expensive/readily available alternative to the belts.

All the Best !!

1 person likes this.
  8. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

o ok.. Thanls Laks...

Now iam confused.. by the way when can i start doing slight exercises like walking after a c section?

9. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

I had tried this it works but I used to feel very uncomfortable after meals so I used to loosen it a bit.

10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I think 6 weeks afterwards you can start but check with your doctor. I didn't do much in terms of exercise until close to 2.5 yrs later because i had a preemie and was busy with him, but still managed to tone down nicely. It is totally doable. Btw, first time the fat just melts off, second time you do have to work really hard but it will slowly go away. Consistent diet/exercise is the key.

1 person likes this.