Would you send your child to a boarding school?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Mar 3, 2008.

Would you send your child to a boarding school?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    76.0%
  3. May be

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. Sumeru

Sumeru New IL'ite

Hi Laxmi,

No No No. I strongly feel that children should be close to their parents and be given all the love and care that they duly deserve. Its the parents who should mould the young things, help them understand and differentiate the right from wrong, on the whole help them to grow as responsible individuals with their own identity. I'm not sure why some parents prefer to shed this responsibilty and throw it to others ?

2. superjake

superjake New IL'ite

If your teen has any leadership potential, their time in a military school will bring those qualities to the fore. Abiding by rules and a dress code instills a strict understanding of sensible discipline which can stand your teen in good stead for the rest of their life. Pride in their appearance is a daily occurrence.

3. marsaloo

marsaloo New IL'ite

I have a daughter and I would say, most probably, depending on the cost of the school. As a parent, I would definitely want the best for my child. Most good boarding schools has the advantages of having a good academic program and a solid value formation for kids. Although the financial aspect is also a big consideration to be able to send your child to one since a boarding school can cost a lot.
    If you have children, it would be nice to consider the facts first before finally deciding to send them to a boarding school or not.