Would you like to join our group...?

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Abu Dhabi' started by Twinklestar, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Twinklestar

Twinklestar New IL'ite

Hello friends,
    :wave

Me and few of my friends have formed a ladies group here in Abudhabi. We keep a get-together once in a month. The objective is to make new friends, have a chat and to have fun. We also have plans to play something or have some activities if the time allows. We meet exchange our ideas, share some knowledge, and also allow our kids to make new friends. In every meeting we decide about next meeting's venue and date. It is not compulsory for any one to attaind every meeting. Its just an effort for those ladies who are having quite free time, especially with kids and those who are intrested in making new friends. We want to expand our group and looking out for more friends. As our group gets bigger, along with everyones idea's we can impliment many more things and can have fun together.

Currently we are 7 members, some are maharashtrians, some gujrathi and Muslim as well. So there are no specific language speaking ladies here, any Indian is welcome. We have planned our next meeting on 13th Aug in the garden, which is between Hamdan And Khaleediya streets. Behind Hamdan Roads Emirates General Market.

Those who are intrested reply back to this thread. I will reply back to you soon, so that we can get an idea about the number of ladies coming and can arrange accordingly.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010

2. Shilpak2303

Shilpak2303 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Count me in.
    I should be able to join in with my 21 month old, but you can expect me to keep running behind him more than being with the group....hehe

Anyways, i would like to join you all. Do keep me posted on the plans.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010
  3. lublubna

lublubna New IL'ite

it's a Thursday ( Aug 13th) what time do you plan to meet?

4. Twinklestar

Twinklestar New IL'ite

Welcome Shilpa,

not a probleem regarding u r running.... everyone of us have small kids....so I am sure u r baby will enjoy playing with them. Plz chk u r mail...

Hii to Lublubna,

I am sorry for not mentioning the time of the meet.
    We are meeting at 6pm and till the conformed members come we will be waiting for them near the entrance gate.

5. ummakolus

ummakolus New IL'ite

hii

definitely i would love to join in ur group..do give me the time as when u guys meet up

cheers
    ummakolus

6. Surekha1217

Surekha1217 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I really want 2 join ur group, but I am residing in Mussafah and have a small kid of 6 mths age. Will it b possible for me to b a virtual member since coming from AUH to abudhabi is difficult on working days like thursday as my hubby will b back from work 1ly after 7pm. Plz lemme knw if i can b a virtual member or is there any possibility for the meeting 2 happen in Mussafah in future??

Rgds,
    Srka

7. bharti

bharti Silver IL'ite

hey ppl i would love to join.......... but m very new to dubai and commuting is problem.......... can i be part of your virtual group?

8. Twinklestar

Twinklestar New IL'ite

Hello Gals,

Its really nice to see such a good responce.
    I would like to mention the venue & time of our next meet-

Garden on Khaleefa St..opp to National Bank of AbuDhabi building.
    On 13th Aug Thursday at 6pm.

Hi Bharti n Surekha,

Thanks for showing intrest in joining our group. Having someone virtually in our group is something which we never thought of, becoz our basic objective is 2 get out of daily routine & meet up friends & enjoy the time spent. I agree this place may not be convinent for everyone this time, but we will have get-togethers at different places all the time. In every meet we all will decide about our next meeting. So everytime its going to be far & near for someone.

Unless you come and meet us we won't be having your contact details to be in touch with you, so even if u join us virtualy how are u going to communicate to us unless u meet once? I suggest you come once then we will be in contact through group mails, and u attaind the meetings as it is possible.

9. bharti

bharti Silver IL'ite

hey twinklestar.....

thanks for the reply...... thats a god idea to keep meetings at different places..... would certainly like to meet sometime.... may be once m more acquintd with the place......

regarding keeping in touch and sharing contacts.... we can surely do that once you reach ur post of 50..... so work on that..... thereafter we can share contacts giving our personal messages......

so looking forward for you to reach ur 50 post level.......

10. Surekha1217

Surekha1217 Senior IL'ite

Hi twinklestar,

Tnx for the reply...As bharti said v can give our mail id s and other personal details once v both reach 50 posts..Mean time i will i will try 2 attend any of ur meetings which is being held b4 dat....

Different places.....Wt do u mean by dat...Planning 2 arrange meetings other than abudhabi too is it???

Rgds,
    Srka..