1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Would You Go On Bday Party W/o Phone Invite?

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by sanjuruby3, May 5, 2016.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi frendz,
    Need honest suggestion.
    Now I am in confusion here. I have a old friend who had daughter I never met. So its her first bday and I was excited when came to know via quick whatsapp chat last time. I have gifts saved for her. But I got e-vite, no phone call'.
    Background: I was pregnant, I called to tell her. No phone later from her to ask /meet/see my LO/health check but whatsapp congrats......no connections after that. Abt yr later, call from her to tell she is pregnant herself. Me as a new mom is v excited and giving her tips and checking health via chats. Now her baby came. I called for congratulations/baby tips etc but she never picked ( I understand new baby, no harsh feelings at all).

Very soon, I offered sm baby stuff on chat and offered to come/drop stuff/see baby But could never go. My baby used to get sick a lot or i was travelling or busy or her friends/family at home or away. Her home is far in another town so needs planning.

When she got stable with baby, suddenly/surprising/some random whatapps quick chats from her about stress from baby caring/ILs.

Now couple months ago, had a chat and she said she will me invite me for her LO's first bday coming soon.

Then weeks ago, I got the evite, I saw it, was happy and I think I rsvp'ed. But I was surprised no personal message/call/check etc. Evite came long before and I did not expect no conversation/chat after that.

Should I go? Will it be stupidity to show up? Was it just formality invite? I want to see her LO but at the same time, I rembr she never came to see my kid or asked on chat about how is she. But that is no rivalary, but about right/ wrong

Last edited: May 5, 2016

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

evite, and rsvp is enough in these busy days in my opinion. kid B'day and it is for kids, so ur daughter will enjoy it a lot, if u really find anything uncomfortable there u can leave early.

sindmani, IniyaaSri, anika987 and 4 others like this.
  3. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

@sanjuruby3,

For me e-invite is enough. In these busy days, it would tough to call and invite each and every one. As @KashmirFlower said, if you feel uncomfortable or uninvited you can always leave early.

sindmani and anika987 like this.
  4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Guys.

I do not have lot of frenz with kids. Those who have kids first call + send evite + text/call as reminder. Even with busy schedules, people who as social they know and are well aware of these courtesies. Except some like me are not ;-) But I will go since I RSVP'd.

5. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

There should be no formalities between good friends. I'm glad you decided to go. Have fun! :)

6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

E-vite is more than enough. Few of us call each other anyway. I usually text the hostess back in addition to accepting the evite.

sindmani likes this.