1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

would you do the same, if you had another chance?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sashie, Nov 18, 2007.

1. prettywomen123

prettywomen123 Senior IL'ite

ha ha nice thread! Mine is love marriage and before marriage my dad said only if horoscope matches he would agree since it was a inter caste mariage. My parents and my hubby went to an astrologer and he said there is 7 match out of 10. Then he also said we have previous janma relationship. The last janma we lived as husband wife and it seems we dint live it as much as we wished . that is why this janma we have joined again to fulfill our wish of being together. I dint believe it but still. Now when I think of that I laugh- I can't live this man for a month then how 2 janmas? I wonder..

No way, not even the same name ha ha

Regards

2. kolli143

kolli143 Senior IL'ite

Interesting thread. All I have to say is NO, NO and NO. I deserve someone much better, someone who is more sensitive.

3. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Sorry to hear about your situation, Sashie. To answer your question, yes, I would marry the guy again, and again.

And now back to your situation, you CANNOT be forced to do anything. I don't know what kind of a bad marriage you are in, but if you are in an abusive relationship I would strongly recommend this - GET OUT! 16 years is a looong time to stay in an abusive relationship. (((hugs)))

Raj

4. sashie

sashie New IL'ite

wow, NINi and Riyasmommy, you must really have a wonderful marriages and be really happy...congrats!! Prettywoman, that;s funny (not even the same name)...i agree with you , even marrying a different man with the same name can bring up bad memories. kolli, yes we deserve more peace, love, and happiness............thanks for your thoughts ladies.
    Riyasmommy...i;m waiting very patiently for my next move....its soooo hard when there are kids involved.....thanks for your advise

sash

5. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

I was reading Ria2006's reply to your question and I agree with some of what she says.

We all need to make our marriages work. You are not given a 'wonderful' marriage, you need to work at it every day. We have our own moments too, but the important thing is how do we handle it at the end of the day. Now, it's a totally different story when it comes to abuse though.

Good luck, Sashie.

Raj

6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Sashie,

I am going to get the snippets from some quotes/posts I really liked.

16 years is a long time and you have survived, what was your hold? Think about it. you could have worked out a joint custody. so kids is not the major issue. Take some time and think about it, sashie.

To love someone whom you like is insignificant
    To love someone because they love you is of no consequence
    To love someone whom you do not like means you have learned a lesson in life
    To love someone who blames you for no reason shows that you have learned the art of living.

Your life does not change when your boss changes, when your friends change, when your parents change, when your partner changes, when your company changes. Your life changes when YOU change, when you go beyond your limiting beliefs, when you realize that you are the only one responsible for your life.

Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before. God has a way of turning things around for you.

Good luck !!!

Nothing is perfect, not even this world is. My belief is, one cannot have a perfect partner in life. There will be some shortage one way or the other. So my answer is if I am going to adjust, compromise to have a balanced life why some stranger ;-) I am for the same guy all over again. May be since its a second chance, I might try to change or spice up my life in a different way :)

7. DesertRose

DesertRose New IL'ite

hello sasie!!
    m sorry to learn bout ur plight... by ur post u dont seem very old, u say ur kids r just 2...& u plan on waiting till they r 18yrs...for what???
    remember ur a human & this is ur life, if things r so bad in ur life what is the need to put up with a bad husband....
    our world has changed a lot today, nobody luks down upon a divorcee or single women. u have a right to be happy,plz utilize it! leave the man & start a peaceful life with ur children, they will also grow up to be better ppl bcuz u decided to stand up for al of them!!
    u get only 1 life, dont sacrifice it!
    & YES a hundred times YES i wud marry my hubby anytime! he is da most fantastic man i have the pleasure of meeting. m blessed wid him.. writing this is already making me smile!!!....:):)

8. DesertRose

DesertRose New IL'ite

sorry i seem to have posted my reply on the wrong thread!
    m new here n still find my way around... sorry bt i was trying to reply to the thread ' would you marry the same man if u had a 2nd chance' by sasie.

9. Freedom_life

Freedom_life New IL'ite

Hi All,
    This seems to be a tricky question. I will want to love the same person again but not marry him.. coz ppl change after getting married.. so better stay in dream world ( ie just in love and no life time commitment called marriage)

10. Bindu Thomas

Bindu Thomas Senior IL'ite

Dear Nandysham,
    That was beautiful... It has made me think of a lot of issues still hurting :cry: and I realised that if I just change my mindset I would not be so miserable any more...
    Yes, I would marry the same guy again... My hubby is not the perfect man in the world but if God has brought us together then he must know that we are perfect for each other.... we only need to figure the reason's out....But never doubting that( just my views on the matter). There are a lot of issues that creep up in our marriages but working around those issues seems to be the key... I have begun to realise that. While married we might feel that X or Y has a better marriage but then we need to realise that everyone has issues.... some more some less.... happiness is not just lying around... we need to find it...
    Whenever we fight/ disagree....lately I have started viewing things from his point of view and asking myself if I could be at fault and could I have eased the issue ... if so I would immediately try to correct it.... It is not easy... not at all.... I am a person who has a deciding mind of my own ... but doing this... is helping me maintain peace and joy and is bringing the 2 of us closer each day....My 2cents
    All the best:thumbsup