Would you choose your baby delivery in India or France - if given a choice?Why?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sushanttanu, Aug 15, 2012.

1. sushanttanu

sushanttanu New IL'ite

I am in a dilemma whether to plan my pregnancy and delivery in the France or in India. I am 5 months pregnant and I need to plan this so that we can travel back to India before 7th month.
    It seems like the health care system in France is awesome but the language constraint is the biggest issue which we might be facing here and is scared of. Also, India has a good health care system.
    This makes me wonder - if I should opt for delivery in the France iself? I have been to doctors in India and my experience was always good.

Another plus to deliver in France is , my health insurance will take care for the most part.

I'm here looking on opinions from those of you who have made such decisions/heard of women make such decisions. Language and post birth care are the most important points I am looking for here. Though we are thinking of calling our parents here but it will be only for 3 months (1 month before delivery and 2 months after that). Any thoughts will be appreciated.

2. akanksha999

akanksha999 Silver IL'ite

Hi, this needs to be a calculated decision on your part. Seems to me that you have good health facilities in France, your health insurance coverage, your parents will be able to join you for 3 months plus you will also have your Dh with you in France - all good with the exception of language issue. Does no one understand basic english there? What about your Doc who you have been consulting till now? If language issue is really that much of a problem, then its better for you to return to India and have your peace of mind. Only you can decide this - all I can say is that please do consider the problems you may face in India also, eg finding a good doc (in case you do not know anyone there yet) possibility of c-sec which is common in India, staying away from your DH for an extended period of time, etc.

3. Simplicity11

Simplicity11 Silver IL'ite

I'm in the same situation like yours. I'm in my 4th month and am in dilemma. However, the reason for my doubts is not because of language constraint. My doctor here speaks excellent english. The reason why I'm more inclined towards delivering in India is because the care that we get in India, before and after delivery, both for me and the baby. I don't have to worry about food/diet etc as everything will be taken care of. However if I go to India, I will have to stay away from DH for a few months, that bit is the only reason why I am still wondering what should I do. But in a way it will be good as many of my friends who delivered faced issues in the sense when the baby wakes up in the night.. DH's sleep also gets disturbed and their work life suffers. So it is good if the baby is about 2-3 months old and has adjusted a bit and we too have learnt how to handle, we can return. Let me know what decision do you take. It may help me to make up my mind :)